• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Guess the sex?

King_Smithi

3 Year Member
Hi, i took a photo today while my little guy was on the wall. Could you guys tell what sex it is or is it too soon? I posted this picture in the introduction thread also and sorry for spamming but i am really anxious to find out. :)

Attachments

• 20160224_161259.jpg
    20160224_161259.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 34

Fleas

3 Year Member
Looks like a male but like schoolman said a picture between the top two book lungs would be best like this

Attachments

• Bauratum2FCUOct1307.jpg
    Bauratum2FCUOct1307.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 14

King_Smithi

3 Year Member
Looks like a male but like schoolman said a picture between the top two book lungs would be best like this

I tried but if i moved my phone a little bit closer you would see only the reflection of the flash. So do you have any idea how can i take a good photo?

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
try turning off the flash and use a light from the side,
just enough to illuminate the area your trying to get, my iphone flash reflects like crazy too.

King_Smithi

3 Year Member
try turning off the flash and use a light from the side,
just enough to illuminate the area your trying to get, my iphone flash reflects like crazy too.

Ok i'll try.. by the way, does flash or strong lights disturb or damage his vision or anything?

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It bothers most of them, My T ockerti will burrow under her cork if I shine a light on her, my avie just sits there like I'm silly.
Red light is what's been recommended for sneaking a peek,
and they have also said on one of these posts that the little lazer lights can damage their eyes. Think it was Schoolman said NO laser type lights.

King_Smithi

3 Year Member
It bothers most of them, My T ockerti will burrow under her cork if I shine a light on her, my avie just sits there like I'm silly.
Red light is what's been recommended for sneaking a peek,
and they have also said on one of these posts that the little lazer lights can damage their eyes. Think it was Schoolman said NO laser type lights.

Yeah i thought so... Although my Smithi mostly wont mind it. Yesterday he even attacked a cricket while i was filming with flash.

Latest posts