• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Growing ghost peppers

Tricocyst

3 Year Member
this is very unrelated but as the title states I just planted a nursery ghost pepper plant.. I wanted to try it (if it grows properly) I can eat habenaros but it burns me up lol so I'm actually very worried about this. Anyone ever grow or eat a ghost pepper? if so what was your experience?

Tricocyst

3 Year Member
Never even heard of them..I do love a medium hot jalapeno though..mmm! The flaming hot peppers are for crazy people like my brother..
from what I have read the ghost pepper variety holds the guiness book of world record for the hottest pepper in the world.. the habenaro is over 200k on the scoville heat scale and if I remember correctly jalapenos are about 50k or so but I could be off a bit but the ghost pepper is over 1 million on the same scale.. lol they smear ghost pepper juice on fences to keep elephants away.. this concerns me lol

Marija

3 Year Member
are the chocolate habaneros variety as hot as original habaneros?
A bit hotter than the original. I loved that you could taste a slightly sweet flavor even though they are insanely hot.
Once, I made some chilli with freshly chopped Trinidad Moruga Scorpion pepper (second on that list Enn sent you). Needless to say, never again :D

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
A bit hotter than the original. I loved that you could taste a slightly sweet flavor even though they are insanely hot.
Once, I made some chilli with freshly chopped Trinidad Moruga Scorpion pepper (second on that list Enn sent you). Needless to say, never again :D
Scorpion peppers? That even sounds hot..
I like spicy, mildly hot food, but if all I taste is smoke from my mouth and throat burning, no spank you..

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have had all of the peppers listed above. I can handle the heat from all of them. I eat spicy Mexican food every day so ghost peppers and all the others do not phase me. I have not grown ghost peppers, but I would like to though. I have grown other peppers.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Forgot to mention that I make salsa verde with enough heat that nobody can handle (I can, but barely)

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Indian food is spicier the mexican food. I forgot what i had one time but it had some punch to it lol
I have never had Indian food, it is on my list of things to do.

I took some salsa verde (great with pico de gallo) for a family cookout, it was enough to make some family members nearly vomit from the heat.?

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The CHOCOLATE BHUTLAH might be the hottest now, its still pretty new. I havent had anything hotter then an average orange Habanero. I want to try others but cant find them around here and online ordering they come dried out already.

I believe you are right, friend. The bhutlah now holds the record. :)

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Wow....could you imagine a bhutlah crossed with a ghost, reaper and a scorpion?! Lmao....the devils ass would be burning for weeks after a trip to the bathroom!!! :D