• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

greetings to all *waves*

nicky1986

3 Year Member
hi everyone!! im Nicky. i am the proud owner of a very troublesome golden knee tarantula. i am a newbie to the whole spider thing. we got her when she was about 8 months old. however, she just doesnt want to eat. when we first got her, she had just molted a few weeks prior and she was eatin well. about 3 crickets twice a week.. then she just stopped eating. for a few months now. she refuses all food. crickets and pinky mice. she just doesnt want to eat. she has never molted since we've had her (just over a year now). am i doing something wrong? any advice as to why she wont eat? :(

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi Nicky and welcome to TF!
Can you give any more detail about your T? Maybe share a few photos of it and its enclosure? I'm not sure why she wouldn't be eating ANYTHING for this long. What kind of setup does she have?

nicky1986

3 Year Member
i will try to post a few pics soon. she has a bald spot on her abdomen now. her enclosure is a glass tank about 25 x 25 with sand substrate and a small rock. shes in a corner with no wind. we spray the sides of her tank every couple of days. she has a heating pad for colder days. and she has a flat water bowl in her enclosure too when we put thr crickets in, they'll literally sit on her head and she doesnt try to eat them. when we attempted the pinky mouse, she sat on him for a bit and then pushed him next to the heater. she didnt even try to eat him? im getting very worried about her. i really dont want her to die. ive even gone so far as to try and hand feed with a feeding tongs. she just ignores the food completly. but ehr abdomen is still healthy and round?

Latest posts