• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Grammostola molting

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Is it just mine or does the G. rosea and G. pulchra seem to take multiple months to molt?

Both of mine (all 3 actually with the 2 pulchra) have been in premolt for well over a month, the pulchra ate once or twice after i got them then dug in and haven't done anything but get the black shiny abdomen. The rosea also has the black shiny abdomen but she usually takes a month or 2 to premolt and molt.

My pulchripes on the other hand, went like 3 weeks if that in premolt and then molted. Pulchripes and pulchra are kept the same way with moist sub and a water dish. The rosea is on dry sub with a water dish. I'd switch her to moist but then she'd never get off the walls, she climbs the walls and stays until the sub has dried if i drip when filling her water.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
yep they are. it's not growth i'm wanting to grow hair to pull out ;) it's the stupid month - 2 month pre molt of the pulchra and rosea. I knew the rosea did that, but not the pulchra. the pulchripes is more along the lines of the Brachy's a quick 3 weeks or so of premolt and it's done. the others Grammostola should be like that too :p

Latest posts