• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Golden Huntsman

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Taking some photos of my True Spiders. Here is a fairly rare Golden Huntsman spider from Arizona. Olios .giganteus Mature male. (note, posted this originally in the wrong forum! My bad).

IMG_0234_zpsxpzncroo.jpg

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
how long do they live denny? im think about some true spiders....think a jumping spider! love them little guys,.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Taking some photos of my True Spiders. Here is a fairly rare Golden Huntsman spider from Arizona. Olios .giganteus Mature male. (note, posted this originally in the wrong forum! My bad).

IMG_0234_zpsxpzncroo.jpg
Do you have any water spiders? Always wanted to convert a fish tank that allows for a water spider to hunt and have dry land when needed etc.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
how long do they live denny? im think about some true spiders....think a jumping spider! love them little guys,.
Most True spiders live a year or two. I have heard the Sicarious sp. can live up to 20 years? It is sad that they don't live longer. However, with the passing of one, you get to experience the joy of receiving the package with the new specimens. Generally they cost much less than T's because of this.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Do you have any water spiders? Always wanted to convert a fish tank that allows for a water spider to hunt and have dry land when needed etc.
I do. I currently have a Dolomedes sp. I usually have a Six Spotted fishing spider (Dolomedes triton) but waiting for Spring as mine did not survive the winter. One issue I have with these species is that due to most True Spiders being wild caught versus Captive Bred, you will usually end up with live egg sacs quite a bit. Since the egg sacs are virtually impossible to seperate, you would need to be prepared for this. These spiders are some of the largest available and are ferocious hunters. Great addition to any True Spider collection.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I do. I currently have a Dolomedes sp. I usually have a Six Spotted fishing spider (Dolomedes triton) but waiting for Spring as mine did not survive the winter. One issue I have with these species is that due to most True Spiders being wild caught versus Captive Bred, you will usually end up with live egg sacs quite a bit. Since the egg sacs are virtually impossible to seperate, you would need to be prepared for this. These spiders are some of the largest available and are ferocious hunters. Great addition to any True Spider collection.
Thanks for reply. Don't see many in UK available and any wild ones are tiny in comparison....same with jumping spiders. We have them but thay are small.

Fleas

3 Year Member
You should try a Hysterocrates gigas T there really impressive they swim and hunt in the water. I seen there enclosure half dry land and other half pool really awesome:)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You should try a Hysterocrates gigas T there really impressive they swim and hunt in the water. I seen there enclosure half dry land and other half pool really awesome:)
Cheers Buddy. Will check that out.☺

Latest posts