• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Getting really impatient!

Pasodama

3 Year Member
Congrats!
So awesome that you, finally, got your group of Ts!
:T:
Nice freebies too! They are a species on my list to get at some point.
Also want to get some Pokies. Which means that I am envious, of you, right now.:p 'Course, am also very happy for you.:)

Marija

3 Year Member
Well, the delivery from Poland has arrived! He did indeed throw in a couple of freebies - 2 x L. polycuspulatus (Peruvian Blonde?).
So my collection has now grown to 26 T's :D
I got 4 A. geniculata's and they are so small! Literally 6-8mm leg span at a guess. And the 10 x P. regalis aren't more than 12-14mm either. It's great, as I love to bring them up from tiny slings into grumpy giants.. :p
The glass vivariums are great too, they'll look good in the future with P. regalis colonies in them.
So the long wait is finally over and I can now start to enjoy my new spiders.
I will post pics later, once I've sorted everything out. Yay!
Congrats! Finally they arrived! :)

Loafman

3 Year Member
Well, I had great fun putting the ten P. regalis into their new communal home. They are maybe 15-17mm leg span at a guess, so bigger than I initially thought.
Most of them were fairly co operative, except for a couple of them. One ran out of the tiny vial it was in, done a loop back and ran onto my hand.. and proceeded to bite me. :eek: Luckily they are so small that their fangs can barely penetrate the skin. Although I do have a dull ache in my left hand and forearm, and my hand feels a little tight. But I think I basically got away with it..
Then another one proceeded to run off of the enclosure I put it in, ran up the side of the container I was working in, jumped off the edge and seemed to disappear.. :confused:
I figured it would try and head upward, and the most likely place it would have gone was up my camera tripod. I eventually found it, here is a pic of where he was hiding.

IMG_20170311_172555.jpg

They are all together now in one communal place, and I've not witnessed any issues so far (pics to follow).

Oh, and the A. genics are so small, really, really small!

IMG_20170311_165207.jpg

So, all in all they were well packed and healthy spiders and there will be many more pics to follow! :D

Loafman

3 Year Member
lol my regalis is about a 2 inch leg span and has already thrown a threat posture so they definitely have a special... attitude lol.. my fasciata still seems nice though.. no signs of aggression.. so I'm excited to hear how your regalis collection goes because I love anything poecilotheria related, so keep me updated :)
Congrats on the long awaited arrival! I want a pokie SO BAD! I'm jealous.
Congrats!
So awesome that you, finally, got your group of Ts!
:T:
Nice freebies too! They are a species on my list to get at some point.
Also want to get some Pokies. Which means that I am envious, of you, right now.:p 'Course, am also very happy for you.:)
Congrats! Finally they arrived! :)
Thank you very much guys. It's so exciting having all these new little monsters.. especially the P. regalis colony! :D

Marija

3 Year Member
Well, I had great fun putting the ten P. regalis into their new communal home. They are maybe 15-17mm leg span at a guess, so bigger than I initially thought.
Most of them were fairly co operative, except for a couple of them. One ran out of the tiny vial it was in, done a loop back and ran onto my hand.. and proceeded to bite me. :eek: Luckily they are so small that their fangs can barely penetrate the skin. Although I do have a dull ache in my left hand and forearm, and my hand feels a little tight. But I think I basically got away with it..
Then another one proceeded to run off of the enclosure I put it in, ran up the side of the container I was working in, jumped off the edge and seemed to disappear.. :confused:
I figured it would try and head upward, and the most likely place it would have gone was up my camera tripod. I eventually found it, here is a pic of where he was hiding.

View attachment 22988

They are all together now in one communal place, and I've not witnessed any issues so far (pics to follow).

Oh, and the A. genics are so small, really, really small!

View attachment 22991

So, all in all they were well packed and healthy spiders and there will be many more pics to follow! :D
Lmao, so you had a lot of fun transferring them. Love the one that hid on the camera :p
The baby genic is adorable :) Mine was the same size when I got it.

Pasodama

3 Year Member
Well, that was ~quick~ ... first (hopefully only) Pokie bite already out of the way. At least you started out small.;)

A real cutie on the tripod. So is the wee li'l one on your wrist.:)
Looking forward to more pics.

Loafman

3 Year Member
Lmao, so you had a lot of fun transferring them. Love the one that hid on the camera :p
The baby genic is adorable :) Mine was the same size when I got it.

Yeah, plenty of fun! The two H. maculata's (10-12mm LS) were rehoused very easily, the four A. genics (6-8mm LS) were very cooperative, the two L. polycuspulatus (12-14mm LS) were fine also.. just the pokies that were a challenge (pretty much as expected!). :p
Well, that was ~quick~ ... first (hopefully only) Pokie bite already out of the way. At least you started out small.;)

A real cutie on the tripod. So is the wee li'l one on your wrist.:)
Looking forward to more pics.

You better believe there'll be loads more pics! Haha! :D

Marija

3 Year Member
Yeah, plenty of fun! The two H. maculata's (10-12mm LS) were rehoused very easily, the four A. genics (6-8mm LS) were very cooperative, the two L. polycuspulatus (12-14mm LS) were fine also.. just the pokies that were a challenge (pretty much as expected!). :p

You better believe there'll be loads more pics! Haha! :D
Lol, quite a different situation with mine. All four pokies I ordered behaved nicely, I even handled them. On the other hand that little genic bit me on the cuticle when I wanted to transfer it :D

Tricocyst

3 Year Member
Lol, quite a different situation with mine. All four pokies I ordered behaved nicely, I even handled them. On the other hand that little genic bit me on the cuticle when I wanted to transfer it :D
my fasciata is fairly cooperative even though I accidently held it lol but the regalis loves running A LOT every chance it gets it will run very fast and even make laps

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
Can you get a warranty claim on the one that bit you? If the bite didn't hurt that bad then you must have gotten a broken pokie. Send it back :)

Loafman

3 Year Member

Haha, it'll be a while before these genics are big enough to bite anyone. My 2 bigger ones on the other hand.. I keep my hands WELL clear.. they are maniacs!

my fasciata is fairly cooperative even though I accidently held it lol but the regalis loves running A LOT every chance it gets it will run very fast and even make laps

These regalis are much faster that my metallica's have ever shown, by quite some margin!

Loafman

3 Year Member
Can you get a warranty claim on the one that bit you? If the bite didn't hurt that bad then you must have gotten a broken pokie. Send it back :)
Haha, I think it's fangs are a little short to deliver the goods properly at the moment, and in all honesty, I am,rather glad about that to be honest! Haha.. it's now 9 hours since the bite and all I have left is a minor tingly feeling in a few fingers, but the tightness etc has all gone.. phew! Lucky I think.. :p

Latest posts