• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Getting really impatient!

Pasodama

3 Year Member
Yeah the margaritata were my main project. When they all matured, I put three females with two males in a huge enclosure, plenty of hiding spots. Apparently the biggest female was a serial killer. Devastated and hugely pissed is what I was. Im hoping she at least mated with one before she killed it. :mad:. My fault for assuming all Centruroides were communal:(

Wow, what a bummer re. your margaritata group. Sorry about your loss.
I would have been devastated, and pissed, as well.
Hoping, with you, for that silver lining in that she, at least, mated (successfully) prior to her murderous rampage.

Loafman

3 Year Member
It's getting closer, and I'm finding myself smiling in anticipation.. :D
They are due to be delivered tomorrow, somewhere between late afternoon and 2-3am Sunday morning as they are being hand delivered from Poland.

I should be receiving:-

2 x medium sized glass arboreal enclosures 20cm x 20cm x 40cm. These will be put into storage awaiting communal spiders (below) to grow a bit.
10 x Poecilotheria regalis slings to be split into 2 communal setups, they're going in 2 smaller enclosures than those above for the time being.
4 x Acathoscurria geniculata, because I love 'em!
2 x Heteroscodra maculata, because I don't have any African species yet, and I love the pattern/colour of these. Don't fancy a nip off one though!
3 x Lasiodora parahybana, because they were free with the order. (I'm not sure if I qualify for these though, so I'll wait and see if they're included)

Looks like I'll have my work cut out for me later tomorrow evening/Sunday morning!

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
You're so close! Hope you sleep tonight.

I now know how you feel... after a LONG search for an AM gbb I purchased 2 the other day, only to have one of them molt the day before they were to be shipped. Good news, bad news because the whole purpose is for breeding my ready-to-go female that molted 3 weeks ago. The molt on the male was indeed the ultimate molt so its party time when he finally arrives. Unfortunately I have to wait for him to harden before they get shipped though.

Loafman

3 Year Member
You're so close! Hope you sleep tonight.

I now know how you feel... after a LONG search for an AM gbb I purchased 2 the other day, only to have one of them molt the day before they were to be shipped. Good news, bad news because the whole purpose is for breeding my ready-to-go female that molted 3 weeks ago. The molt on the male was indeed the ultimate molt so its party time when he finally arrives. Unfortunately I have to wait for him to harden before they get shipped though.

Well good luck when they arrive. I've never tried breeding any yet, but I may have a go with some species in the future.

I have a male and a female P. metallica (bought from 2 different breeders) that I want to pair up once they are adults, they are both about 3.5" at the moment. I need to do a lot of studying for that though, because I think conditions have to be perfect for it to be a successful sack. Luckily this species are generally civil toward each other and may well be able to be left together for days or even weeks, so that saves some of the worry.

Are GBB's fairly straight forward to breed?

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
Are GBB's fairly straight forward to breed?

Straight forward, maybe. Easy? Not from what I've read. I haven't tried it yet but apparently the males get munched A LOT, and plenty of times its before the insertion... thats why I bought two.

I have heard that p metallicas aren't easy either. Just do your research first!

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Straight forward, maybe. Easy? Not from what I've read. I haven't tried it yet but apparently the males get munched A LOT, and plenty of times its before the insertion... thats why I bought two.

I have heard that p metallicas aren't easy either. Just do your research first!
I've heard alot of breeders talking about gbbs being a pita to pair. Apparently it takes quite awhile and as Metalman said, they munch them alot, and gbbs are quick for terrestrial spiders..reapersride on youtube has a good video of it.

Loafman

3 Year Member
Well, I'm thoroughly pissed off. I waited in all day yesterday and sat awake all last night (until 7am) as I was told my delivery would be here Saturday evening through to early Sunday morning, and nothing arrived.. nada.. nowt. They have my phone number, my email address the lot.. but I received no call or text, no email explanation, just nothing. :mad:
I've been waiting for over a month already, as the seller went on holiday for a little over 2 weeks (with no real notice to me) a few days after I placed the order, but I decided to wait as his prices are very good.
I think I'll just ask for a refund, as the savings aren't worth the crappy communication and disappointment involved. Such a shame. :(

Pasodama

3 Year Member
Wow, that just isn't right on the part of the seller.

If you did not receive a tracking number, I hope this isn't a scam. If not a scam, this seller does appear to have poor communication skills &/or customer service.

I sure understand your frustration & anger.
Hope you are able to get your refund &/or get this resolved.

Loafman

3 Year Member
Wow, that just isn't right on the part of the seller.

If you did not receive a tracking number, I hope this isn't a scam. If not a scam, this seller does appear to have poor communication skills &/or customer service.

I sure understand your frustration & anger.
Hope you are able to get your refund &/or get this resolved.
Hi, no , it's not a scam, some other forum members seem to have good things to say about them and have had good experiences.. just my luck that they mess up when it comes to me. This is now the third company I've ordered from this year and all 3 have let me down. I'm really running out of options.

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
Is there tracking or any way to find out where the package is? Don't know how the English mail system works but if they said the package was indeed sent surely it didn't dissapear into thin air.

Pasodama

3 Year Member
Hi, no , it's not a scam, some other forum members seem to have good things to say about them and have had good experiences.. just my luck that they mess up when it comes to me. This is now the third company I've ordered from this year and all 3 have let me down. I'm really running out of options.

Well, that's good, not being a scam.
Shame about the lack of communication, etc., though.
Also sorry to hear that you have had three negative ordering experiences this year.

Loafman

3 Year Member
Is there tracking or any way to find out where the package is? Don't know how the English mail system works but if they said the package was indeed sent surely it didn't dissapear into thin air.
It wasn't sent by any standard mail service, it was sent by a private courier. The shop (which is based in Poland) send a courier from Poland to the UK at weekends specifically to deliver T's and associated equipment from what I understand. The courier should have had my phone number etc. so they could contact me in the event of a problem, but I have heard absolutely nothing, so I am completely in the dark at the moment. There are no tracking numbers, as it is a man with a van that comes over to the UK I suspect. I only have email contact with the supplier, but with it being a Sunday I suspect no one will be monitoring the emails.
I paid by PayPal, so failing a very good explanation I will just ask for my money back or do a chargeback if it comes to that. It may be that the van broke down or something? Or got held up at customs? Could be any number of reasons, but they still should have let me know instead of having me sit in at home all evening and all night waiting.

Loafman

3 Year Member
Well, that's good, not being a scam.
Shame about the lack of communication, etc., though.
Also sorry to hear that you have had three negative ordering experiences this year.
Yeah, it's all above board etc. and yeah, the lack of comms is my biggest gripe in all of this.
It just seems that I am not destined to get any new T's anytime soon. :(

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
you waited a hell of a lot longer than i would have without any communication. I've only had to wait 2 weeks for one of my orders, but that was from the sling going into premolt when i placed the order. and the vendor (fearnottarantula.com) sent me updates almost every day.

Loafman

3 Year Member
I did hear from him late yesterday. He emailed to apologise for not being able to send the order as he was too unwell during the latter part of the week, he'd come down sick. I just wish he'd let me know sooner, then I could have gone with friends to see Logan on Saturday evening (I was offered a free ticket as another friend couldn't make it and the tickets were already paid for).
He will be sending theT's etc. this weekend coming. So hopefully it will all work out this time. :)

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
I did hear from him late yesterday. He emailed to apologise for not being able to send the order as he was too unwell during the latter part of the week, he'd come down sick. I just wish he'd let me know sooner, then I could have gone with friends to see Logan on Saturday evening (I was offered a free ticket as another friend couldn't make it and the tickets were already paid for).
He will be sending theT's etc. this weekend coming. So hopefully it will all work out this time. :)
And hopefully he will throw in a freebie or four for the trouble!

Loafman

3 Year Member
Well, the delivery from Poland has arrived! He did indeed throw in a couple of freebies - 2 x L. polycuspulatus (Peruvian Blonde?).
So my collection has now grown to 26 T's :D
I got 4 A. geniculata's and they are so small! Literally 6-8mm leg span at a guess. And the 10 x P. regalis aren't more than 12-14mm either. It's great, as I love to bring them up from tiny slings into grumpy giants.. :p
The glass vivariums are great too, they'll look good in the future with P. regalis colonies in them.
So the long wait is finally over and I can now start to enjoy my new spiders.
I will post pics later, once I've sorted everything out. Yay!

Tricocyst

3 Year Member
Well, the delivery from Poland has arrived! He did indeed throw in a couple of freebies - 2 x L. polycuspulatus (Peruvian Blonde?).
So my collection has now grown to 26 T's :D
I got 4 A. geniculata's and they are so small! Literally 6-8mm leg span at a guess. And the 10 x P. regalis aren't more than 12-14mm either. It's great, as I love to bring them up from tiny slings into grumpy giants.. :p
The glass vivariums are great too, they'll look good in the future with P. regalis colonies in them.
So the long wait is finally over and I can now start to enjoy my new spiders.
I will post pics later, once I've sorted everything out. Yay!
lol my regalis is about a 2 inch leg span and has already thrown a threat posture so they definitely have a special... attitude lol.. my fasciata still seems nice though.. no signs of aggression.. so I'm excited to hear how your regalis collection goes because I love anything poecilotheria related, so keep me updated :)