• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Getting really impatient!

Loafman

3 Year Member
I placed an order for lots of critters (19 of them in total :eek:) back on the 5th of February. It just so happened that the guy who runs the shop I ordered them from went on holiday on the 7th and it wasn't possible to despatch them prior to his holiday, so I'm having to wait.. it's just not fair! :p
He is apparantly back on the 23rd, so hopefully I might receive them this weekend (he delivers weekends apparently, which is ace! ;)).
Part of the order is 10 x P. regalis, which I am hoping to make a couple of communal setups with.. I love the look of communal setups.. :cool:

Please, please, please let it be this weekend! Haha! :T::T::T:

Loafman

3 Year Member
Just had word they will be delivered next weekend.. which isn't a bad thing as I've been breeding my crickets and have had some tiny pinheads starting to emerge over the last few days, so should have plenty of food for the little guys when they all arrive. It also gives me a chance to make up a number of small enclosures (including a couple of communal ones) during this week. :)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I've heard of scorpions guarding molting mates, never spiders though. Are spider communals like scorps? I wait till they're adult to put them together. (The R junceus doing great, the C margaritata are now down from 5 to 1 very fat female :( She murdered 4 on one night..

Loafman

3 Year Member
I've heard of scorpions guarding molting mates, never spiders though. Are spider communals like scorps? I wait till they're adult to put them together. (The R junceus doing great, the C margaritata are now down from 5 to 1 very fat female :( She murdered 4 on one night..
Some species of tarantula can be kept in communal groups, P. regalis being one of them. Although they should be kept together from small slings, then they should live together without (too much?) problem. There are some African species that can be kept together as well if memory serves me correct.. :)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Some species of tarantula can be kept in communal groups, P. regalis being one of them. Although they should be kept together from small slings, then they should live together without (too much?) problem. There are some African species that can be kept together as well if memory serves me correct.. :)
Strange the way that works. Even well fed scorplings will eat a molting sibling. Im going to have to try this regalis communal when I breed my female. Shes ready too..

Loafman

3 Year Member
Strange the way that works. Even well fed scorplings will eat a molting sibling. Im going to have to try this regalis communal when I breed my female. Shes ready too..
Yeah, I couldn't resist the idea either, I just hope it works out and I don't lose some of them. I wont have any finger nails left initially I can tell you! :eek::D

Evanthomas

3 Year Member

:eek: I would have been devastated! I'm sorry for the loss. I've never kept scorps, I figured most of them were fine housed together though

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
:eek: I would have been devastated! I'm sorry for the loss. I've never kept scorps, I figured most of them were fine housed together though
Yeah the margaritata were my main project. When they all matured, I put three females with two males in a huge enclosure, plenty of hiding spots. Apparently the biggest female was a serial killer. Devastated and hugely pissed is what I was. Im hoping she at least mated with one before she killed it. :mad:. My fault for assuming all Centruroides were communal:(

Latest posts