• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

GBB molt today. Had a difficult time of it too. What sex please?

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
GBB molt today. Difficult molt despite right temp and humidity as had been in pre molt for ages so was keeping close eye on it.
20160221_113812.jpg

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Id say female but im not very experienced in sexing so i might be wrong.
Thanks. That's what I reckon too but again no expert. (S)he had a hard time of it though so I am keeping my fingers crossed

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Female! Congrats. :)
Thank you I always had her as a she but never had any molts sexed properly. I have had her for a few years already so was 99.9% anyway. I am a bit worried about her though. I had a female adult B. Boheimi that molted a few months after her last one which was a complete surprise and her legs were all withered and bent. The GBB seems to have the same symptoms and the boheimi didn't last much longer after that so I am a bit worried about her. Will leave her alone and see how she gets on.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
GBB always worry me when they molt. Only time I've had issues is when my smaller female got a leg stuck, twice. I try to anticipate their molt and give them a little extra moisture now.
That's the annoying part, humidity was spot on and plenty of open watr available too. I knew there would be trouble as molted vertically instead of on her back. She looks rough bless her.

Latest posts