• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Gave a mini presentation today

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
i already posted about this on a b, but decided to share the experience here as well.

I was called by my grandmother to do a presentation of my tarantulas for my small cousins whom I never met (my grandmothers niece is their mother, so not sure how family pecking order works in this case).

I showed off my G. rosea, B. albopilosum, A. geniculata, male E. Sp. red. They were quite intrigued by my E. Sp. red and A. geniculata. Instead of letting them touch the live specimens, I softened up a molt (soap/water method) and passed it around. One of the kids was supposedly terrified of tarantulas, but seeing how calm the E. Sp. red was, he was not afraid to go near the enclosure. The molt I passed around was of my P. cancerides who molted on Saturday. I even fed the B. albopilosum and A. geniculata, but they chose not to eat for the camera (it was recorded) this time). I believe I just created three future hobbyists.

It was very rewarding for me as well, as I had the opportunity to educate others about these fantastic creatures. I hope I can do this again for a bigger crowd this time.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
awesome! I'm looking forward to doing this for bug zoo here next spring again :) I'ts great educating people and showing them the "other side" of the T's lol

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
That's great, keep spreading the good word. I'd love to be able to do presentations with my Ts. We do reptile shows for my nephews school but they won't allow my Ts to be shown for some reason. I'd love to be able to even get my family to sit down and here me out but they want nothing to do with it.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That's great, keep spreading the good word. I'd love to be able to do presentations with my Ts. We do reptile shows for my nephews school but they won't allow my Ts to be shown for some reason. I'd love to be able to even get my family to sit down and here me out but they want nothing to do with it.
Simple, the reason they won't allow them is because Hollywood has taken more victims. Arachnid movies are the reason people dislike these amazing, yet misunderstood creatures.

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
Simple, the reason they won't allow them is because Hollywood has taken more victims. Arachnid movies are the reason people dislike these amazing, yet misunderstood creatures.
True the Hollywood prospective dose not help us at all, another big thing is they are venomous, I think regulations don't allow for me to show anything dangerous, they won't allow me to show large constrictors or venomous animals, atleast with the schools that is.

Latest posts