• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

G. Rosea Gravid?

new2tarantulas

3 Year Member
My female mated a while back and she stopped eating for a bit which is weird for her. then a few nights ago she has started eating again and her abdomen has gotten huge. Her abdomen was huge b4 she started eating though. Just curious as to how people tell if their T is gravid.
tarantula slings 008.JPG
Heres a pic!

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
the only real way to tell is to get an egg sac. keep her fed and keep an eye on her for the next 4-6 months.

new2tarantulas

3 Year Member
Cool thanks. By the way the slings u sent me r doing great. Fat and healthy LOL. I was a bit nervous about caring for them but it seems so far I am doing it right.

new2tarantulas

3 Year Member
I knw so far these r doing good. the cambridgei has made like a web around him self at the top and doesn't come out. I had fed him and the cricket stayed in a while so I removed it today. I think maybe he might molt. still unsure tho.