• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

G. rosea Breeding

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Congrats on the pairings. Too bad about your male, but hopefully he will provide sustenance for his babies.

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
Poor Apollo. Hope you get loads of babies after all that.

Yeah, it's one of those things. I'm hoping to get two good sacks out of it, though I don't think I'll pull and incubate anything. I'll just let them handle their business and see how it goes.

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
Well it seems that after two months of not eating and nearly three months since being bred, Athena decided to seal up her burrow and line the outside with silk. Inside she appears to laying down a thick mat. Hopefully this is the sack about to be dropped. :)
If this near 90day schedule remains the same for Artemis, she should drop a sack within the first week of August.

Now I need to work on an incubator...

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
Haven't been on here for a while; I've been crazy busy. Just wanted to update the progress. Both pairings are appearing to be negative. Athena decided she would molt a couple of weeks ago (the second time in 8months or so) and Artemis looks to be in premolt. No sacs this time around.

TJB13

3 Year Member
Uh oh, that's no good. I mated 2 females as well. One a month after she molted so I hope it's good. The other one I have no idea where she is in her molt cycle. She also stopped eating so I don't have high hopes for that one.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Haven't been on here for a while; I've been crazy busy. Just wanted to update the progress. Both pairings are appearing to be negative. Athena decided she would molt a couple of weeks ago (the second time in 8months or so) and Artemis looks to be in premolt. No sacs this time around.

Oh what a shame :(

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Uh oh, that's no good. I mated 2 females as well. One a month after she molted so I hope it's good. The other one I have no idea where she is in her molt cycle. She also stopped eating so I don't have high hopes for that one.
Good luck :)

Latest posts