• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

G. Actaeon

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi all,

I have just ordered myself a G. Actaeon sling. There are not many care sheets, but my understanding is, that they are kept like most other Grammostola sp (G. Iheringhi excluded).
Does anyone on here keep them and would like to share some personal experiences?
Thank you ;)

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks, that link came up when I searched for the species. I'm looking forward to this one (my husband doesn't know yet, lol, I'll discretely put it in the shelf behind the other babies).

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Haha, I used to sneak snakes in like that but I've run out of space in my T nursery so I can't get away with it now.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
A little update on the Actaeon sling. It has taken 2 meals so far.
It's not a quick spider, but also not too shy. It has now moved underneath a cork bark hide which I provided, but I can see it's legs and sometimes bottom sticking out. It seems quite docile for a sling and doesn't seem to panic too much when I open the tub.
It webs a lot more and higher than my G. Rosea who only laid a ground web. This one integrates the web into its hide.
So far a very easy going, easy to care for spider and IMHO very underrated (probably because it's a Grammy, lol).

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It's good to hear it's doing ok. I'm almost tempted to get one but I have promised not to buy any more for a while :(

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Aww, maybe when you're ready to buy again. I'll keep you updated with mine in the meantime.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I've just realised that I haven't updated for ages.
The little one is doing great. So pretty and still hasn't hidden away at all. Great eater, too, and really calm. Never bolts, never flicks or threatens. I'm going to rehouse her (?) once the eco soil is a bit drier, because when she stretches she touches both walls with her toes.
Still can't understand how they're not more popular?
After her first rehouse:
edXKd8i.jpg

In early premolt, but still munching on a wax worm
BnuRgER.jpg

Post molt
Que4bp0.jpg

Latest posts