• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Fuzzball's picture thread

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I rehoused 2 tonight, so here's some pics:
G Actaeon (easy rehouse, did jump the brush, but soon realized it wasn't food)
edXKd8i.jpg

2nd rehouse: GBB (didn't even flick at me for a change lol, just gently had to nudge it into its new home)
1h13WmD.jpg

MTY1SMN.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The Orange beastie (T. Gigas) being cheeky. Jumped at the water when I refilled her dish and then launched at the water droplets on the door:
VbtX7dJ.jpg

aSKf3kJ.jpg

G. Actaeon. He's been really busy recently: Digging a trench in one corner, burying his water dish then digging it out again, trying to push and carry the dish around and in between eating 2 wax worms:
PGwGo6R.jpg

The Pipsqueak (LP) is also acting weird. His new hobby seems to be landscaping and he's persistently been trying to move his fake leaves around. To his frustration they tend to ping back to where he started lol.
sTT7LUy.jpg

kdLVb4G.jpg

SUj6VyU.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Baby Amazonica getting chubby again after molting
iuPRjhA.jpg

Getting nice colours
eMPIsHI.jpg

nt1DBkI.jpg

I think my T. gigas was thirsty. I filled her water bowl and she dived in head first before it was even full
qETsir3.jpg

BOmrWBU.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I love those pics of your T. gigas
Thanks. Mind, I was complaining that she had become really reclusive? Must have been just a phase, because she seems to wander around her tank at least once or twice a day (and probably more during the night).
I keep calling her a she, but haven't been able to sex her molt properly (too shredded when she releases it lol), but ventrally she's got a small crescent which I think should mean she's female. That said she grew incredibly fast from small sling to subadult in just over a year.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@Fuzzball79 Yes, mine has been quite reclusive over the last couple of months but it's out and about again now. I've had mine a year at the end of this month and it's grown from 0.5" to 3" but I'm still not sure of sex.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My little G. Actaeon grooming itself
Q8UJrFv.jpg

c9IbLQR.jpg

It's a funny one, this one. It's dug out a whole corner for no reason other than digging. It also doesn't seem to like its water dish being full and every time I clean it out and put water in it, the sling keeps either burying the dish or shovels substrate into it.

Over-exposed shot of my GBB. It looks a bit like a Pumpkin Patch there:
tczL3Yo.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
LP sling is beginning to look like a real LP now
9W1ado1.jpg

S6oER8f.jpg

T. Gigas actually sitting like an arboreal for a change. She usually hangs around the bottom
S3q6xfm.jpg

B. Boehmei juvenile female looking fat and ready to burst (not getting fed until she molts)
kzj18Yq.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Post molt meal for my LP. She's got the table position perfect:
UpErUhR.jpg

yQv4MkY.jpg

pJTsFSN.jpg

Had another photo of my T. gigas turned into a Facehugger. but the image sharing program is soooo slow tonight and I'm ready to boot my PC (out the window).

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Poor Ginger Beastie was being wound up by a cricket which dug under the substrate
TBVoA0d.jpg

euO1ZAn.jpg

ahOCDgV.jpg

V6dnU0B.jpg

kNGrrTh.jpg

VtaXHkR.jpg

Poor thing was that frustrated she kept moving her fangs up and down like a camel spider

Please, mum, soooo hungry!
qnTHbPs.jpg

The Pips stuffing its face as per usual
EvAS29h.jpg

I'm sure I look like that most of the mornings... Meh!
VBurQSb.jpg

Why do we bother decorating our GBBs' tanks when they just web over everything lol?
MyO6Ohy.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
B. Boehmei. Waiting for a moult
FB6SIQZ.jpg

LP pushing her leaves around as usual. Very industrious little thing
TM1se4g.jpg

Beautiful T. Gigas girl drinking
LFmsq08.jpg

Posing for the camera
FQkGE8j.jpg

TG vs Cricket
BKYVNKR.jpg

Never refuses a meal *touch wood* G. Actaeon
BnuRgER.jpg

Another one of my B. Boehmei
LenOj7K.jpg

My biggest girl, A. Geniculata
2WefioO.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Another shot of my T. Gigas, she's such a stunner now and out and about a lot, too
mB3HZWG.jpg

IoDeiBI.jpg

LP sling must have thrown a mini tantrum (just after praising that it may be skittish, but generally well behaved lol)
5Ni2eF0.jpg

Rehoused my G. Rosea into a (for me) nicer tank. Quite and easy rehouse, she never flicked or threatened and she seems to have settled in enough to take her first meal in at least 4 months, yay!
OxnRvK2.jpg

InyyNuf.jpg

A. sp. Amazonica post moult. It grew quite a bit from its last moult (still the smallest of all 9 Ts though). Lazy sod still hasn't tidied out the old exo from its web tube, just keeps pushing it around.
xMDxUJY.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
A great set of photos. Your T. gigas is stunning now.:)
Thanks, she is a beauty and has grown so quickly. Someone on FB offered to send me a male for her, but I politely declined, because I have no intention whatsoever to have hundreds of tiny slings to sort out lol. I wouldn't even know where to start...

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thanks, she is a beauty and has grown so quickly. Someone on FB offered to send me a male for her, but I politely declined, because I have no intention whatsoever to have hundreds of tiny slings to sort out lol. I wouldn't even know where to start...

Mine has grown quickly too, I'm going to rehouse it soon so I might get some decent pictures and hopefully sex it too but I feel just the same as you about breeding.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You give your G. Rosea a nice new tank with lots of substrate and what does she do? Digs out the whole corner and piles up on the other side:
lkdMVOL.jpg

YxwIuP8.jpg

5CVdcGn.jpg

9jTtgMH.jpg

mVWyZEi.jpg

c3261lw.jpg

oAEQbK7.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
What's your G. actaeon like? I just ordered one cause so pretty!
Yay, another Actaeon owner (soon). I'm absolutely happy with mine. It never hides, isn't too skittish and not aggressive/defensive so far. Great eater, but doesn't grow as fast as, for example my LP and/or Avics, Tapi. It's quite active and has phases when it would be digging like a JCB (usually one corner and piles it up on top of the water dish) and it keeps chewing and pulling on its fake vine leaves (some are actually quite frayed now) for whatever reason.
Seems to be quite an underrated species, IMHO, more people seem to go for the Iheringi. I think they're gorgeous as slings with their dark red abdomen and blueish -black carapace and legs and they're beautiful adults, too (nice and big, just how I like them lol).

Latest posts