• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Free range spider.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well bit of excitement here, the free range little black spider who lives on my garage door has laid an egg sac :)
She has lived on the door for around seven months and i always chat to her when i get my car out in the mornings so i was delighted that she found herself a boyfriend. I know its not like breeding and raising slings yourself but i am excited about watching the progress.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
2013-04-04 08.44.47.jpg

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Dont think you can see the egg sac its in thick web in the middle of the door but i had glare from the sun. Really exciting tho.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Perhaps she has family over there lol. Shes a lovely little thing. Wonder when the babies Will hatch....

Cobalt

3 Year Member
eeeeek, I used to have arachnophobia before i got tarantulas, but I still have biiig fear of house spiders etc...i could hold handle my parahybana without fear but if i saw a normal house spider crawling besides me i'd freak out and probably drop my T..haha, pretty cool though harley :D

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
eeeeek, I used to have arachnophobia before i got tarantulas, but I still have biiig fear of house spiders etc...i could hold handle my parahybana without fear but if i saw a normal house spider crawling besides me i'd freak out and probably drop my T..haha, pretty cool though harley :D
That is mad.

TJB13

3 Year Member
People usally say thats wierd, but i like "mad" alot more :D
I am the same way. Fear of spiders really effected my life in a negative way. Come a long way with my fears but still get reminded every now and then. There are a lot around here too. Big orb weavers that like to web around doors and walkways haha.

Cobalt

3 Year Member
I am the same way. Fear of spiders really effected my life in a negative way. Come a long way with my fears but still get reminded every now and then. There are a lot around here too. Big orb weavers that like to web around doors and walkways haha.

Omg, I think the orb weavers are really creepy man, i'm not a big fan of long and thin legs! hehe

TJB13

3 Year Member
We don't have any poisonous ones either. The orb weavers hang out and you don't see them til the fall when there big and fat and sprawled out dangling face height haha. The babies are neat, they look like debris in the webs until you blow on them.

Cobalt

3 Year Member
We don't have any poisonous ones either. The orb weavers hang out and you don't see them til the fall when there big and fat and sprawled out dangling face height haha. The babies are neat, they look like debris in the webs until you blow on them.

By orb weavers do you mean like those really bug ones you see eating birds sometimes?
We have spiders in the orb weaver family in norway but they only get around 1 inch...still makes huge webs though :p

TJB13

3 Year Member
No ours are probably like yours... There big compared to everything else around here. I'll make sure to take lots of pictures when they come out.