• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Found a wee wolf spider

Eavlynn

3 Year Member
My boyfriend spotted what we think is a little wolf spider. It's far too chilly to take this dude outside, so I prepared a container and placed him inside. He's a cute little bugger. I can't help but wonder if he could be the offspring of Monroe, the male wolf spider I saved from my cats and released last year. Unlikely, but a cute thought :)

So far it's taken some water drops from the side of the container. He ran around like mad for a bit, then settled down and cleaned himself. Once this crazy weather evens out and gets consistently warm, I'll release the little guy or gal.

With any luck, I can talk my bio prof into letting me bring home some flightless fruit flies for this little one.

bcea2d75eab62056692cdcf80296ba7d.jpg

a1d3d8633e50aa7011e08473e7d528f2.jpg

d6e3c6d4b870955f095e0286525365ac.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Eavlynn

3 Year Member
Hehe love these little stories, keep him :D
I don't know if I should keep him. Once it's warm he could have a nice spider life, find a nice girlfriend and make some more cute babies. We'll see how well he does in captivity. If he seems really stressed and doesn't seem to be thriving, I'll have to release him. But maybe, just maybe, if he seems content, I'll hang onto him and keep him happy and safe from predators :)

Eavlynn

3 Year Member
Looks very much like a Sac spider to me. :)
It's not impossible, the color is right, but I'm not sure if it's going to darken as it matures. The legs look to be a little thicker than the sac spiders seen around here, though as small as it is, I could be mistaken about that. I'd like to find out more as it grows, but if I can't get it to take some flies, I'll have to let it go.

Eavlynn

3 Year Member
Looks very much like a Sac spider to me. :)
It's a sac spider :) a male I think, judging by the pointy look to the abdomen. The little guy has no interest in the fruit flies I so lovingly procured, but I was able to get him to scavenge feed twice on some super small mealworms. Looks like he'll be able to hang around until spring with no issues!

Latest posts