• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

first p regalis threat posture

Tricocyst

3 Year Member
so I was misting the regalis and fasciata substrate and I normally have little to no complications but it seems I angered the regalis lol.. when I sprayed some of the mist touched the regalis and he turned around really quick and threw a threat posture.. it was actually pretty adorable seeing the tiny spider try to be aggressive but it reminded me to be careful with them because to be fair I have become to comfortable with them and just reach in the deli container and get their water lid with my hand.. time to start using the tweezers lol

Loafman

3 Year Member
My two P. metallicas used to throw threat postures all the while when they were smaller, around 1.5 to 2.5 inch leg span. Was probably just teenage hormones, lol. They seemed to have matured a bit now that they are around 3 or 4 inch leg spans, so haven't done it in a while.. :D

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
At least it only reminded you to take more care in future, it could have been much worse. It also reminds me to be on my guard, I have a new P. ornata coming tomorrow and I've been lulled into a false sense of security by my P. met that is so amazingly calm.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
i keep having to remind myself of the potency of my son's P. vittata's venom and to take extra care with it. I found myself popping it's enclosure open and startling it so it made laps around the walls. I was treating it like the A. versicolor who is almost as slow and relaxed as our A. chalcodes ;) unless you breath on one of the air vent holes, then she goes insane attacking the air lol.

Marija

3 Year Member
You should have taken a pic :)
I never got a threat posture from mine, well not yet lol. I don't know what's the deal but the 4 pokie slings I got recently are actually very calm. I know I shouldn't have but I handled all 4 of them more than once (I'm perfectly aware that I should be careful but I guess sometimes I act like there's no brain in my head haha).
Also never got a threat posture from my big formosa but I would never handle that T, too fast lol. Tweezers are a must have with that one :p

Tricocyst

3 Year Member
You should have taken a pic :)
I never got a threat posture from mine, well not yet lol. I don't know what's the deal but the 4 pokie slings I got recently are actually very calm. I know I shouldn't have but I handled all 4 of them more than once (I'm perfectly aware that I should be careful but I guess sometimes I act like there's no brain in my head haha).
Also never got a threat posture from my big formosa but I would never handle that T, too fast lol. Tweezers are a must have with that one :p
I was actually shocked to get a threat posture and I still don't think I would have if water didn't touch it.. I actually think I startled it and that was the first thing it thought to do lol

Marija

3 Year Member
I was actually shocked to get a threat posture and I still don't think I would have if water didn't touch it.. I actually think I startled it and that was the first thing it thought to do lol
I would have found it very adorable to see a small T like that in a threat posture hehe.
It must have been startled like you said. :)

Latest posts