• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Firefox and Flash

VanessaS

3 Year Member
Okay, this is going to be a bit of a rant.
I have used Firefox since almost the day it came out. They have me tied in - I've spent years getting it perfect. Recently, they have had a huge issue with Adobe Flash and it constantly crashes while using Firefox. I have tried everything to resolve it - including uninstalling all the add ons and then adding them in one by one. I have the most recent version of everything loaded. Other than this one issue... I love Firefox.
I think that I will have to just suck it up and start using Chrome as my default browser.
What does everyone else use?

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Chrome has dropped java and flash support. Still my main browser and had been since it came out.

IE just plain sucks. Also the new Edge isn't compatible with most stuff I do online.

Never have liked Firefox. Only reason I use it is you can set the proxy settings different than the default in the OS. So I use it for testing websites at work when people complain they can't get to them. Then I don't have to keep switching my settings back and forth.

Only thing I've used worse than fire fox is opera.

Arachnid dude

3 Year Member
I was a huge Firefox user when it came out, but switched to Chrome. I never really used IE it just sucks in my opinion. Now that I am a mac user my main browser for virtually everything is Safari, I do still use Chrome for somethings.

CrypticSpider

3 Year Member
I use nothing but FF, since the very first version. EVERYthing in mines works great. :)

MineWorks.JPG

Sonicookie

3 Year Member
Okay, this is going to be a bit of a rant.
I have used Firefox since almost the day it came out. They have me tied in - I've spent years getting it perfect. Recently, they have had a huge issue with Adobe Flash and it constantly crashes while using Firefox. I have tried everything to resolve it - including uninstalling all the add ons and then adding them in one by one. I have the most recent version of everything loaded. Other than this one issue... I love Firefox.
I think that I will have to just suck it up and start using Chrome as my default browser.
What does everyone else use?
I use Chrome, and it works way better for Flash, but all my siblings were completely devoted to Firefox, and still use it, but for anything Flash-related they open a new window in Chrome and do whatever Flash stuff they need to there. My backup for if Chrome and Firefox fail me is Opera. Mostly it was useful that one time a site wouldn't let me use it because my browsers were out-of-date.
I agree with everyone that IE isn't that good. And I refuse to use Safari because I'm sorta boycotting Apple (although they recently earned some respect), and I still sort of have a grudge against it from when it froze my sibling's computer.

Latest posts