• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeding let down

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Not one of my T's seemed interested in feeding day. No cricket carnage, except from my genic whom I can always count on for some (tiny) cricket carnage.

Everyone is eating, but were so ho hum about it.

:(

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Lol, maybe so. Most everyone has tucked into their cricket now. Still, kind of a let down. Just glad everyone is eating that needs to be eating.

entomology

3 Year Member
Hi DalilahBlue

Just a quick question here? I see you folk are feeding crickets to your T's that side and some keepers here also but i never feed mine crickets only Dubous and Turkistan roaches as i found that the crickets like to attack the spiders and witnessed so many times. When i did feed crickets each Poki ate like 10 crickets @ a time now i just pop in 2 large dubous roaches. oh and ur T's are prob going into premolt:) one size bigger hey...lol

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Crickets are widely available here, hence the popularity. In some areas it is illegal to obtain roaches. I am setting up a Dubai colony later this spring, as I do feel they are better feeders.

I only feed living crickets to my adults. Everyone else gets pre-killed, beheaded crickets.

I think the lack of enthusiasm is due to the crazy weather we've had here the last few weeks. We have literally gone from snow one day to 70*F the next. Huge barometric fluctuations.

Most of my guys have molted recently, so my bet goes with the weather. :)

entomology

3 Year Member
weather def a contributing factor:) well its still summer here in South Africa and im winding down the day off to my T's at home yay:) its a about 34 degrees celcius here today so not too bad. I'd love some snow s please send some this way ha ha ha ha

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
We are coming up on Spring. We don't get a lot of snow wre, so I am being greedy and keeping all I can. But I am sure there are other folks who would gladly share!

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It's going to be an odd spring. Reminds me of the one and only time we experienced a blizzard down here.

Atx13

3 Year Member
So my straving avics decided they weren't above some dubia, and my B.vagans got in on my dubia feast as well, my poor little one fang rosie tried but even with me holding it down couldn't take it.. have to give her crickets and superworms till she moults. Everyone else is still protesting the Dubia, lol.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So my straving avics decided they weren't above some dubia, and my B.vagans got in on my dubia feast as well, my poor little one fang rosie tried but even with me holding it down couldn't take it.. have to give her crickets and superworms till she moults. Everyone else is still protesting the Dubia, lol.
That's well funny. They don't half go off on one if something is different. I Will get crickets and roaches for a while incase mine get stroppy and go on hunger strike

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I don't think "money spider" Will notice its different food lol. I've given Money Rapunzel and Tsunami water bowls now as they are growing up and Money glared at his for about two days. Nutnut !

kackerman

3 Year Member
Sometimes you have to experiment with food to find something that they will like. Although I can't guarantee it for tarantulas, I've noticed that a ton of bearded dragons prefer dubias to crickets. Maybe they can taste the healthy? I get mine at discountdubias.com

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sometimes you have to experiment with food to find something that they will like. Although I can't guarantee it for tarantulas, I've noticed that a ton of bearded dragons prefer dubias to crickets. Maybe they can taste the healthy? I get mine at discountdubias.com
Just letting you know, some of these posts are over three years old:D

Latest posts