• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Eureka, signs of movement!

hellknite

3 Year Member
Thank You hellnite, she will be very missed..
Any suggestions, I would like one I can pick up and is a climber, and colorful.
Not too much to ask for.. lol. Just curious at this point...
There are a lot of options, and a lot of variables to consider. If you jave any T in mind you can follow your will. :)
Different T's, different characteristics, but all are beautiful. But the picking up thing is a risk since T's doesnt really liked to be picked up.
I'm a type of a T keeper who doesn't have a wish list. I just check out the available T's at the moment and just get ahold of the ones that gets my attention. So.often times I get 3 to 5 T's on a single occassion. But that's just me. :)

l.poehling

3 Year Member
There are a lot of options, and a lot of variables to consider. If you jave any T in mind you can follow your will. :)
Different T's, different characteristics, but all are beautiful. But the picking up thing is a risk since T's doesnt really liked to be picked up.
I'm a type of a T keeper who doesn't have a wish list. I just check out the available T's at the moment and just get ahold of the ones that gets my attention. So.often times I get 3 to 5 T's on a single occassion. But that's just me. :)

I wish I could do just that hellnite but our family budget will not let that happen. The T. I really want is $150.00.
"Indian Sapphire Ornamental Tarantula". "The [URL='http://www.backwaterreptiles.com/tarantulas/mexican-fireleg-tarantula-for-sale.html']Mexican Fireleg Tarantula" is on my watch list too.[/URL]

hellknite

3 Year Member
I see that is the bit expensive. In my part of the globe a 3inch female of that species between $50 to $60. I suggest you try to enjoy other T's before jumping into that T. There are other options, and I know soon in the future you'll be able to get that T.

l.poehling

3 Year Member
I agree hellnite, it would be nice but I have seen a few others. Cyriocosmus ritae / Peruvian Dwarf $30.00,
Aphonopelma Chalcodes, Arizona Blonde 1/2"to 1+" $20.00 would be nice too.:)

l.poehling

3 Year Member
I have found another one Anthony: Lampropelma Violaceopes - Singapore Blue - .75 inch = $39.99 but, they want $40.00 to ship them...
So I am just looking around to see what's out there..

MatthewM1

3 Year Member
I recommend checking out C. fasciatum. Great colors, mines always out and about, great feeders, little bit of attitude, heavy webbers, and like to climb on top of decor of you give them the option. Not sure who has them available right now, but if I get a chance later I can try to take a look.

Jamies tarantulas is probably the only big vendor you'll find where shipping with lag is under $40

Jesse254

3 Year Member
Your jumping right in there l.poehling. So have I. If you see something you like research it first to make sure it does not have requirements or attitudes you do not want to deal with. I am getting 3 or more this weekend from the same guy I got the last ones from. Every time I look at his list I change my mind about how many I want. I have set myself a monthly budget so I do not go overboard too quickly but with his prices I can get quite a few and stay in my budget since they come with enclosures included in the prices.

l.poehling

3 Year Member
I recommend checking out C. fasciatum. Great colors, mines always out and about, great feeders, little bit of attitude, heavy webbers, and like to climb on top of decor of you give them the option. Not sure who has them available right now, but if I get a chance later I can try to take a look.

Jamies tarantulas is probably the only big vendor you'll find where shipping with lag is under $40
Yes MathewM1 I have checked Jamie's site and facebook page. She has some incredible Spiders.
I have found a few on there I would like to get. Now I just have to figure out, if any, can be housed in the same housing. I do like the C. fasciatum, the colors are very beautiful. If they are really out
all the time, that is a plus. That is what I like too..
305-2T.jpg

Avicularia versicolor (Martinique pinktoe) 3/4"+
367-2T.jpg

Grammostola rosea (Rose-hair Red color form "RCF") 3/4-1"
447-2T.jpg

Special: Euathlus truculentus (Chilean Beautiful) 1/2"
I would be so sweet if these were able to be together.. These are on my wish list too.

Last edited:

l.poehling

3 Year Member
Your jumping right in there l.poehling. So have I. If you see something you like research it first to make sure it does not have requirements or attitudes you do not want to deal with. I am getting 3 or more this weekend from the same guy I got the last ones from. Every time I look at his list I change my mind about how many I want. I have set myself a monthly budget so I do not go overboard too quickly but with his prices I can get quite a few and stay in my budget since they come with enclosures included in the prices.

I have become very interested in these Beautiful Creatures Jesse254. I never had the chance to be so close to them before.
Now, I want to know and have a few more. I think the colors on many of the T.'s are just amazing.
The webbing and the way they make their homes is so unique and quite fascinating.. As for choosing any,
there are so many places that sell them, I don't want to get ripped off. You Know.....
I do like what I have seen on Jamie's T.'s site..

l.poehling

3 Year Member
I guess I will not put out info on the critters I want, seems others have snagged them up..
Hope you enjoy my choices!..:cool:
I hope you at least Thanked Me!!!o_O

Last edited:

Latest posts