• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

enclosure question.

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They need a place where they can feel secure and safe. If they have enough sub to make aburrow, and they do tunnel, then hide wont be needed.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I gave my M. robustum a hide, but she prefers to hang out between the substrate and my hydrometer. They will let you know. My G. rosea has a great hide, which she has covered in webbing and buried. Each one is different. See what they prefer.

entomology

3 Year Member
Hides are good for any tarantula as they will always seek a hide or somewhere they feel safe. If you avoid their natural behavior irrespective if they are captive species instinctive behavior still prevails and lack of comfort without a hiding space could lead to stress and even death. I'm no expert just commenting on what i know as common sense and also most species do the same. I hope this info can help you make your decision. regards

paolo escoto

3 Year Member
yeah. i won't take their hides away. :D they seem to really like it. my N. chromatus likes to chill on top of it and when i take off the lid he gives me a threat pose and dashes inside the hide. he's so cute. :p

Sabeth

3 Year Member
A hide is necessary. But my T doesn't use hers! She prefers to hunker down in the darkest corner of the cage. I might put her hide in the corner for her.

Latest posts