• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Emelia help!!

Tlaningham

3 Year Member
Had this little creature for about 3 months now and I just can't figure her out. This is my first attempt at a bracypelma... Kept a few Rosie's in my day successfully but wanted to try something new.

ALL she does is either hide for days on days in her hide OR climbs the glass and many times is suspended. Humidity checks out and temp is spot on. I just can't figure her out. She seems uncomfortable. One day she's tame as can be and the next she's the most skittish, nervous wreck ever.

I wanted to go this route because I thought the Rosie's were boring. But this thing could take the win. Any tips? Like I said. Either she's glued to the glass or in hiding for weeks. Possibly considereding getting rid of him/her for Chaco golden knee. Thoughts? Tips?! Thanks guy!

Ps. Here's a few pics of a normal day
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Doesn't look like it really has anything to hide under. I'd switch that skull out for something a bit larger. A cork bark log or some type of hollowed out log would work much better. I'd also suggest adding several more inches of substrate and removing the background (that is something more suited for arboreals). This species, just like most Brachypelma, need bone-dry substrate.

Latest posts