• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dwarf Tarantulas

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I love the look of these little ones, and two inches is large enough to see and enjoy IMO.
which if any would be the easiest to keep for a newer owner?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@Kymura Most of them have been fairly easy to raise from slings but I've picked out the easiest:-

Ami sp Panama - Although there are no specific care guides on the net I got my info from a very helpful lady at Tarantula Canada and they are very simple to care for but they do hide away, whether this will continue into adulthood I don't know yet.
Cyriocosmus perezmilesi - This one has been very easy. Great webber but spends a lot of time in full view, seems very calm and is certainly colourful.
Holothele incei - Easy to care for, great feeders and prolific webbers and tunnelers. They're very fast but mine have both been more likely to run and hide than stand their ground
Kochiana brunnipes - Again easy, great burrowers but their tunnels are usually visible through the sides of the containers so you do get to see them.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Kymura Most of them have been fairly easy to raise from slings but I've picked out the easiest:-

Ami sp Panama - Although there are no specific care guides on the net I got my info from a very helpful lady at Tarantula Canada and they are very simple to care for but they do hide away, whether this will continue into adulthood I don't know yet.
Cyriocosmus perezmilesi - This one has been very easy. Great webber but spends a lot of time in full view, seems very calm and is certainly colourful.
Holothele incei - Easy to care for, great feeders and prolific webbers and tunnelers. They're very fast but mine have both been more likely to run and hide than stand their ground
Kochiana brunnipes - Again easy, great burrowers but their tunnels are usually visible through the sides of the containers so you do get to see them.
Thank you, going to take a small look around and see which of those catch my eye ^.^

(0.0! ok whats not to like about a T with a heart on its bottom!)

Redacted

3 Year Member
Among the dwarfs, just picked up four Paraphysa sp. 'Emerald'. Green carapace. 2.25-2.50" DLS.

Ate small hissers soon after rehousing.

They defy gravity and crawled all around my hand when I moved them.

I also keep P. scrofa.

I like them alot.

Gar

3 Year Member
My Cyriocosmus bertae, acquired a couple of weeks ago and seldom seen since ....

Attachments

• C bertae1.JPG
    C bertae1.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 23

Bazaar

Thank you Google...!!!
This post needs to be bumped back to life.
@Enn49 thank you so much and please update us with new post of Dwarf lists.

I just got introduced by a breeder that specializes in dwarfs and so I started to read about the list of slings he offers.

Did a search for top Dwarf sp. and this thread was top results, and it should be. I'm sure a many of people found and read this thread but didn't make the effort to give you and everyone that has replied a very grateful thank you.

Theres so many Ts but I'm not very into looks but traits.
1) communal - M.Balfouri
2) under water - H.Gigas
3) Trapdoor spiders
& I.Mira - trapdoor tarantula
4) Purseweb spiders
...and (drumroll) 5) Dwarf sp.

I guess their size is unique, and I'm always a fan of the underdog.

Now...where to start?
Too late just ordered two sp. -
1. Hapolopus sp. Colombia - Pumpkin Patch
2. Kochiana Brunnipes - Brazilian Dwarf Pink Leg / Fire Leg
...and I think I Mira is a Dwarf sp. so I guess I already had a Dwarf sp. even before learning more about them.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The dwarf Ts I have now are:-
Theraphosinae sp Ipeti, klein (Panama) - not sure on adult size of this one.
Holothele sp. Saint Martin - 1" body
Plesiopelma longisternale - 1" body
Phlogiellus sp. Baeri - 2"
Aphonopelma sp. montane - 2"
Cyriocosmus Aueri (form Bertae) - 2"
Cyriocosmus elegans - 2"
Cyriocosmus perezmilesi - 2"
Cyriocosmus ritae - 2"
Heterothele villosella - 2"
Kochiana brunnipes - 2"
Neoholothele incei - 2"
Neoholothele incei gold - 2"
Neischnocolus sp. Panama (formerly Ami sp Panama) - 2.5"
Phormingochilus sp. Rufus - 2-3"

Neostenotarsus sp. Suriname (AF)
DSCF3566 (2).JPG

Gardez

I really like your dwarf species. I've got new idea which species I would keep^^
An other dwarf specie is Cyriocosmus ritae. I also think the other species of Cyriocosmus very beautiful too.

Gardez

I really like your dwarf species. I've got new idea which species I would keep^^
An other dwarf specie is Cyriocosmus ritae. I also think the other species of Cyriocosmus very beautiful too.
Oh I m sorry. I didn't read your text accurate and to the end. Please ignore that I write something about the Cyriocosmus ritae

Latest posts