• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

dubia

critterkeeper

3 Year Member
i was just woundering what you guys are feeding you colony. i have been feeding mine a mixture of ground up cat food,oatmeal and cornmeal. then once or twice a week they get carrots, celery,apple, oranges.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Fruit attracts fruit flies. I use greens. Usually left over from my torts. But any lettuces twice a week work fine for hydration.

critterkeeper

3 Year Member
water.jpg

i got these at home depot. there the same thing you get at the pet but no water or food coloring. you just put some in a jar and add water. you could get them off ebay. i think they are going for .99 an ounce

critterkeeper

3 Year Member
the flukers cricket quencher has water, polyacrylamide, copolymer, calcium, F&D yellow #5
the miracle-gro has polyacrylamide
i thought that it would be better then the stuff i get from the pet store because it just had the polyarylamide
what do you guys think ?:confused:

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I would avoid anything with calcium in it...

However, you always have to worry that since they aren't expecting critters to eat it that it does have traces of chemicals that could harm them

kackerman

3 Year Member
You want to feed your dubias a steady diet of roach chow and fresh fruits and veggies. Change these often though as they spoil fast.

Latest posts