• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dubia Purchase Experience

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
I recently purchased a batch of large dubia nymphs from knucklehead at dubiaroachforsale.com and had a very nice experience. I purchased a standard 50ct group for $20, with $5 shipping. As far as the price goes, this was one of the best deals I found out there. Their site was very easy to navigate and payment was no issue. They announce on their website that they provide a 5% over count to cover any potential DOAs. They ship out priority mail from New Jersey through USPS, and getting to Texas only took the standard two days.
When the package arrived it was packed tightly with a perfectly sized round Tupperware container and was labeled as having 60 dubia on board. They came in looking fat and happy with one molting to adulthood in transit. All seemed to range from 1"-1.5" as advertised and all survived looking very healthy.
They went into a 19qt plastic tub with two 3in holes cut into the lid, covered with fiberglass window screen and a heating pad stuck to half of one side. Three days later two more molted to adulthood, bringing the adult count to 2males and 1female with more to come by the weekend I'm sure.
All in all this was a great place to do business with and I can't wait for my colony to start producing many more feeders for my Ts.
image.jpg

Anybody else do business with these guys?

Latest posts