• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dubia giving birth

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
IMG_2506.JPG

jackys

3 Year Member
Whoa.... So I had always assumed they laid eggs until seeing this! Today I learned they are “ovo-viviparous." If you had told me six months ago that I'd be sitting around googling how roaches are born I'd have said you were crazy :confused:

It definitely is kinda gross looking but hey, I learned something :D

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Whoa.... So I had always assumed they laid eggs until seeing this! Today I learned they are “ovo-viviparous." If you had told me six months ago that I'd be sitting around googling how roaches are born I'd have said you were crazy :confused:

It definitely is kinda gross looking but hey, I learned something :D
Alot of roaches lay eggs. Dubias give live birth. They will drop the pod and the nyphs will come out. For roaches they are kinda cute. I dont mind handling them. Also in our area they if you had an escape they wont take over since they need proper heat and humidty to breed. I dropped a container of about 30 last Sunday. Havent seen any around but they willl end up dieing off. Glad to be able to help you learn something new.

Latest posts