• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

dubi roches

spidey noob

3 Year Member
hi all :)
i was at my local reptile store picking some supplys up to day & while i was there i asked if they stock dubi roches,
he said not to feed dubi roches to Ts as there to rich for there systems & it causes there blood to thicken if feed to often. so straight away i though he was trying to keep me buying feeders from them but he said i would be better off breading crickets or locusts as there more sutible as a staple than dubi roches.

just wondering what u all think ???

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
hi all :)
i was at my local reptile store picking some supplys up to day & while i was there i asked if they stock dubi roches,
he said not to feed dubi roches to Ts as there to rich for there systems & it causes there blood to thicken if feed to often. so straight away i though he was trying to keep me buying feeders from them but he said i would be better off breading crickets or locusts as there more sutible as a staple than dubi roches.

just wondering what u all think ???
Hello
Dubia roaches are higher in protein than crickets,also crickets carry parasites etc. I would rather feed roaches hands down,the ones we are going to use permanently are Turkistan lobster and pallid roaches. Why we have chosen them above dubia,is the fact that dubia will burrow where the aforementioned won't.

Latest posts