• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US DTG "Deadly Tarantula Girl" reviews

Thistles

3 Year Member
Negative. Note that this was not a purchase, but a breeding loan.

My main complaint is the poor communication, as failing to produce can happen to anyone. Here's how things went down.

I saw a post on this forum that I can no longer find by another user (DTG's husband? boyfriend?) directing people to a video she posted on YouTube. In the video she requests a MM Poecilotheria regalis for her six female regalis. I sent her an email in December offering my male for either sale (dirt cheap) or loan. She chose to do a loan, and I asked if there were other males she needed. She needed a Psalmopoeus irminia male, which I also had on loan from a friend. I asked my friend if he wanted to send out the male, and he did. We agreed on shipping method and timing, holding the boys until better weather in early February, and I sent off both boys. Up until this point she replied to all emails promptly and politely.

After she got the boys, she went silent. I heard nothing from her until the end of April, when I sent her a message asking how the pairings went. I got a reply that day saying that the male had been eaten by the first female she paired him with, but that the female was looking good. I was disappointed that he was eaten by the first, but it's possible we were just unlucky. At least he'd managed to pair with one, right? Poecs are generally very tolerant of males (I've only ever had one eaten) but it isn't impossible. She said she'd keep me posted, and again she disappeared.

I emailed Marita again at the end of July, having had no further contact. Her reply came 4 days later, and shortly informed me that the female had molted. Again, that could happen. I sent another email asking about the irminia and she said that nothing had happened and that my friend told her he didn't want his share of the slings anyway.

I actually believe that last part. He didn't want many from my deal with him, so it's very possible that he told her he didn't need any.

Even assuming my male was eaten by the first female she paired him with and that that first female molted out, I'm extremely dissatisfied with her communication. She has a relatively popular YouTube channel, makes frequent updates and often posts pairing videos. She took no videos of pairing with the males she got from me, made no effort to keep me updated on things, and even when her female molted out (assuming it's true) she did not contact me to let me know. Maybe she was hoping I would disappear or forget about our deal?

Given my experience, I will not be doing further business with Marita. Even if she's honest, her communication and consideration are atrocious.

Latest posts