• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Drogo is home!!!

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
@Enn49 @Tomoran @Daniel Gann @Evanthomas @kormath @Kymura Meet my newest addition to the reptile fam, Drogo the Nicaraguan Red Tail Boa who is currently seeing if she can escape her home haha:
20170313_153514.jpg
20170313_153521.jpg
20170313_153629.jpg
20170313_153635.jpg
20170313_154012.jpg
without flash (this and all the ones above it)^
20170313_154028.jpg
with flash^

She can't as I bought the exact set up she had (terrarium and accessories) as she was living in in the store.

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
She's gorgeous and I'm jealous.:)
He didn't have a chance to sex him/her on Saturday but I am going with she for now and as I am not a breeder it doesn't matter to me. S/he was going to get named Drogo regardless of sex. Now you see why I fell in love with her though!

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
Thanks! I will see if she lets me do that during the snowstorm but she might be too hungry. Today is her feed day.

@IamKrush is that you?
Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
Boas are easier to sex then ballpythons.
So, I did attempt to do it that way, but I had difficulty locating her vent (its not as obvious as it is with Kable). But when feeling her tail, there does not appear to be any bumps, its a smooth massage all the way down so I'm almost positive that Drogo is a female.

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
Drogo didn't take the first rat offered to her the day after I got her, so I left her alone for a week and tried again this Tuesday (as was her feeding schedule), and she readily gobbled it up. Today I took her out and she is the most mellow, lovely gal ever.
20170401_111055.jpg
Glamor shot
20170401_111815.jpg
Me holding her with the ability to see her full length (mostly) and a teeny tiny photobomb from one of my 2 dachsunds.

After watching some of Brian Barcyk's vlog, I e-mailed one of the reptile breeders he visited in Florida who specializes in boas and attached some pictures of Drogo to the e-mail. He said/hypothesized that she is a Nic cross, mostly likely a Nic and Colombian Red-Tail hybrid. To me, it doesn't matter. I fell in love with her stunning appearance and mellow temperament.
@Enn49 @IamKrush @Tomoran @Kymura @kormath @Hisserdude

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It's always a huge relief when they feed for you, at least you know they've settled in their new home.
Interbreeding is a big problem in the world of snakes, too many people think it's fun to mix things up but they don't think of the conservation of true species

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
It's always a huge relief when they feed for you, at least you know they've settled in their new home.
Interbreeding is a big problem in the world of snakes, too many people think it's fun to mix things up but they don't think of the conservation of true species
I agree, but I am glad that she came to me because not only do I not have the resources to breed, I have no interest in it either so I know I won't be contributing anymore to the problem. I am also glad that I just didn't assume the truth and did research to try and find out her possibilities. But yes it was great when she fed for me, especially a small rat since thats what she's on and I am used to fuzzies with the King. He's starting to refuse again so a shed is imminent probably. No cloudy eyes that I caught, but he always refuses before his sheds.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yes, it's always good to know their origins and at least she has a good home with you.

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
Yes, it's always good to know their origins and at least she has a good home with you.
Indeed she does. The other day she blew bubbles in her water dish for amusement. I had handled her put her back in and she dipped her head and blew bubbles. It was so cute and caught me off guard. Now she's hiding in her hide at the moment though her head is poking out of the door way.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Indeed she does. The other day she blew bubbles in her water dish for amusement. I had handled her put her back in and she dipped her head and blew bubbles. It was so cute and caught me off guard. Now she's hiding in her hide at the moment though her head is poking out of the door way.

I had a Blood Python that used to do that to get my attention :)

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
Haha, so cute. I feel like her was a "hey, look at this cool thing I can do!" kind of manuever since I havent seen or heard her do that since

Latest posts