• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Does this look like a suitable set up ????

Alex Fish

3 Year Member
Hi i have just bought my first T about a week ago now, i got a Chilli Red Rose. The guy at the shop really knows whats he is talking about, so i have kept my tank to a minimum what do you guys think?
It just has eco earth substrate with a bit of moss bit chunk of bark(which she loves) heat mat under on side of the tank and a small water dish on the opposite side ( damper side)

Thanks AlexView attachment 986View attachment 987View attachment 988View attachment 986View attachment 987

Tgirl1010

3 Year Member
It looks good from what I can see. I would add more substrate though. You want to minimize the amount of space between the top of the substrate and the top of the enclosure. That way if your t decides to climb and fall, it won't have that far to go. Congratulations on your new t. It's beautiful!

Alex Fish

3 Year Member
Thank you for your advice i shall do that. She never gets off that bit of bark ever she loves it!

Tgirl1010

3 Year Member
I noticed you said something about a "damper side". Is most of the substrate dry? They like dry substrate. *If* it's damp that may be why she stays on the wood.

Alex Fish

3 Year Member
not damp like wet i just spray once a day on that side, she moves over to get a drink then goes back on her wood.

Alex Fish

3 Year Member
Just checked it, i think it is a bit too damp actually i wont spray her for a few days, its because i i thought she was going to moult. i just want her to be happy, i just love her so much that i can make the wrong decisions.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
yeah definitely don't spray a rosie. also get rid of the heat mat. Unless you house is under 60* the heat mat does more damage then good.

Latest posts