• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Does anyone know anything about the nano exo terra wide enclosure?

new2tarantulas

3 Year Member
Just bought this on amazon for $30 for my chilean rose hair! It measures 8" square! Was wondering if anyone has used it and if they liked it!

new2tarantulas

3 Year Member
it is like 3-4" I just know the web said to keep them in sml enclosures so they can find food! but when it out grows it ill just use it for something else lol

new2tarantulas

3 Year Member
Yea hahaha! Iam trying to find a store that can order one for me round here! I named my cilean rose Shelob off of lord of the rings lol But iam sure a store will charge me an arm and a leg lol! Iam looking for a species that is more colorful, inexpensive and still easy to care for! Also something slow moving (fast movments scare me lol)! Any suggestions?

Tgirl1010

3 Year Member
Another thing about those enclosures is because they have a door on the side, you can't really put enough subtrate in for a terrestrial t. Something to think about.

new2tarantulas

3 Year Member
Yes I thought of that! I have read that chilean rose tarantulas rarely burrow in captivity??? I know mine hasnt shown any signs of doing so!

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yes I thought of that! I have read that chilean rose tarantulas rarely burrow in captivity??? I know mine hasnt shown any signs of doing so!

It's not just about burrowing, It's to give them padding if they fall. They're very fragile, and can easily die if they fall

Tgirl1010

3 Year Member
That is true. I once recieved a Haplopelma in one. The subtrate was almost all the way to the top of the enclosure, so it worked, but I couldn't open the door. A waste of a very nice enclosure in my opinion. You could just get another t better suited for the Exo Terra and put the G rosea in a large kritter keeper or 10g aquarium :) Any excuse to get another t is a good excuse.