• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Discoid Roaches!

MICHAEL BIRCH

3 Year Member
I live in Florida, it's illegal to have Dubi Roaches here. I figured Discoids would be the next best thing. I was thinking about keeping a small colony of these. My only local pet store that carries these does not have a large supply, and charges like a dollar a roach. I've heard of Cape Cod Roaches but I was wondering if there were any other good Roach suppliers out there that carry Discoids?!:rolleyes:

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
cape code, roach crossing, aaron pauling, are ones i've ordered from without any issues.

Telson

3 Year Member
Are there any statistics that show nutritional wise how a discoid stacks up against a dubi?
Nope. Not that ive seen. Ive been thinking of trying discoids, they seem pretty similar to dubia, and im curious. There's folks that speak highly of them as feeders, I know that:)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I've heard they smell, it's one of the reasons, probably the only reason actually ;) i haven't tried them.

One of the vendor websites, can't recall which off hand, has a nutritional value table for each one, showing the amount of fat, protein, etc.

Telson

3 Year Member
I've heard they smell, it's one of the reasons, probably the only reason actually ;) i haven't tried them.

One of the vendor websites, can't recall which off hand, has a nutritional value table for each one, showing the amount of fat, protein, etc.
My dubia have been giving off a slight smell, it's minimal though, and not too bad. I just rehoused them too, so its not the enclosure. I saw one evade my H paucidens and start bouncing it's butt up and down as it walked away. Never seen that before..they always just play dead or run.

Latest posts