• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

DISASTER! :(

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Went to feed the spiders andooks like my P. Metallica has an injury. Thought it was odd as she was on thr ground. Abdomen is all bent and there appears to be fluid leaking on the RHS. I am gutted. Prize T and abviously expensive to replace. Damn!
20160123_120017-1.jpg

Last edited:

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Went to feed the spiders andooks like my P. Metallica has an injury. Thought it was odd as she was on thr ground. Abdomen is all bent and there appears to be fluid leaking on the RHS. I am gutted. Prize T and abviously expensive to replace. Damn!
View attachment 13796
Another pic. :(
20160123_122344.jpg

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Oh no!!!! I've no experience of injuries but I have read that cornflour or superglue can be used to seal an injury.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It might be worth a try. I've not done anything like that myself neither, but maybe have a look at this:
http://www.tarantulas.com/first_aid.html
Thanks. Super glue to be tried. My concern is the twist in the abdomen as well though. Got to try the glue though and give her a fighting chance. She is showing aggression though so could be tricky.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
How did she twist her abdomen? Any idea what happened at all? Sorry man, hope she pulls through..What do you have her housed in Phil?
I can only assume she has fallen? She is in a fish tank with various bark and bog wood. Had been housed in there with no problems at all for a while. Had webbed a coconut hammock and had plenty of hides etc. I have applied superglue to the wound as that is the only thing I can do and upped the temp for her and moved water source to where she is laying. Not looking good tho

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Oh no.. I'm so sorry to hear this, I hope you both will be ok :(
Thank you I am fearing the worst but hoping the best. I am not confident hough. Never had to superglue a spider before and I dont think the success rate is too high. :(

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Update on P. Metallica.....super glue applied about 18hrs ago. She must have went to rub it away as one of rear legs stuck to abdomen now....jeez!
On a plus note, she made it through the night and is no longer on the floor, back vertical. I have upped the temp and humidity too. Will keep you updated with any significant news...still not out the woods by any stretch of the imagination tho! Also with the rear leg stuck, I am suspecting that even if she recovers from the injury, the next molt could be very difficult. Poor baby.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I hope she makes it. She may lose that leg but the fact she is climbing must be a good sign.