• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dead Tarantulas for Research (UK only)

ancientarachnid

3 Year Member
Hi,

I'm Callum, I'm a postgraduate student working at the Univeristy of Manchester on the locomotion of ancient arachnids. I'm working on recontructing the walking gait of a 400 million year old arachnid and have been working from fossils for a few months now. However, the muscles have not been preserved so I need to turn to modern day spiders.

To that end if you have a spider (preferably a tarantula or somekind of hunting spider, bigger the better) that has recently died of natural causes (i.e. all intact) and would like to donate its body to medical sciences, as it were, I would be very grateful of your help. We then plan to use medical scanning techniques to identify exactly how the leg muscles attatch.

We can naturally offer you a little money for useful specimens (perhaps to go towards more spiders!!!) and or some blow-up images of our scans of your spider, which would certainly be a unique piece for an arachnid enhustiast.

If you feel you can help me out please drop a message or send an e-mail to [email protected] and we can sort out logistics.

Thanks

Callum

ancientarachnid

3 Year Member
Sorry for the late reply, if they are preserved in alcohol and can be kept in alcohol during postage (which of course I can reimburse you for) then the issue of how long it would take to post is null and void. I'm not sure whether there would be any problems with the import people, but I can check. If you're still happy to help out, we'd be very glad of specimens. Drop me an email with your contact details and we'll try and work something out. Thanks.

Daniel Jospeh

3 Year Member
Hello Callum I can send you as many Tarantulas as you need for research.. I have very useful specimens dead or alive. I also have Scorpion if you'r interested...Get back to me if you'r still looking for Tarantulas..
Thank you

Latest posts