• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Custom enclosures

R.NUTT

3 Year Member
Hey all as I've been looking through many threads I noticed how many of you like to have specific setups/enclosures for your Ts. I've seen a good few people wanting to make custom enclosures, so why not share mine here.
Although for the most part it is a simple glass tank I wanted to show you guys what you can do if you see one of these laying around for next to nothing price. You could do the same as shown here but have it open from the top however I made it for a terrestrial species so I made sure there was as much ground space as possible. I could go on a lot more about the variable but I just want to show you all what you can do with any tank laying around.(I also added latches at the top of the perspex however in this picture they hadn't been fitted)

As for the backdrop I simply went out to my local woods and picked up a bunch of moss, branches and bark. I then broke the pieces up to make them fit like a jigsaw then siliconed them to the back. I prepared all materials gathered from the wood before placing them in the enclosure.

If you have any questions ask away :)

1081056_562012007168490_207471682_n.jpg
1081633_562013297168361_58542641_n.jpg

smudger

3 Year Member
Hey all as I've been looking through many threads I noticed how many of you like to have specific setups/enclosures for your Ts. I've seen a good few people wanting to make custom enclosures, so why not share mine here.
Although for the most part it is a simple glass tank I wanted to show you guys what you can do if you see one of these laying around for next to nothing price. You could do the same as shown here but have it open from the top however I made it for a terrestrial species so I made sure there was as much ground space as possible. I could go on a lot more about the variable but I just want to show you all what you can do with any tank laying around.(I also added latches at the top of the perspex however in this picture they hadn't been fitted)

As for the backdrop I simply went out to my local woods and picked up a bunch of moss, branches and bark. I then broke the pieces up to make them fit like a jigsaw then siliconed them to the back. I prepared all materials gathered from the wood before placing them in the enclosure.

If you have any questions ask away :)

View attachment 9274 View attachment 9275
Very nice, I picked up 6 of the same tanks as yours and had the same idea, where did u get the acrylic and hinges from?

Latest posts