• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Crassicrus lamanai (Belize Cinnamon)

Mattkc

3 Year Member
For those who haven't seen a Crassicrus lamanai (Belize Cinnamon), thought I'd share him with you... My male molted on 7-27-16 and is turning into quite the handsome fellow!
The photo below was taken today, 7-31-16. Notice his new leg that he regenerated after losing it in his last molt.
Crassicrus lamanai (Belize Cinnamon) 7-31-16.JPG

The other photo below was taken on 7-10-16; the white powder on his abdomen is cricket dust. Amazing what 3 weeks and a molt will do! Went from a 2" to approx 2.5" leg span.
Crassicrus lamanai (Belize Cinnamon) 7-10-16.JPG

Mattkc

3 Year Member
Thanks, I think he is too! Unlike the other species of new world T's I've raised, this guy has the unusual habit of wanting to be out in the light perched on top of his cage furniture. Only seen him go into his hide once to check it out...

Last edited:

Mattkc

3 Year Member
The D. Diamentinensis is a beautiful specimen to own! Do you believe this is an individual or species behavior - as if they are seeking out the sun...
Any one else own these T's an observed the same behavior?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The D. Diamentinensis is a beautiful specimen to own! Do you believe this is an individual or species behavior - as if they are seeking out the sun...
Any one else own these T's an observed the same behavior?

This is my 2nd D. Diamentinensis and they have both shown the same trait. My first sadly died during a bad moult and I have just got another sling that is already spending most of its time on top of its web.

Latest posts