• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Club Avicularia/Avics

Christell Erasmus

3 Year Member
My little Avicularia Avicularia. ( Shilo)
Shilo ( Avicularia Avicularia).jpg

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Haha, will be adding a few more later as well. Other avics I will be getting, Avicularia laeta and an Avicularia sp. Peru Purple. A bit off topic, I am also receiving another Malaysian Earth Tiger sling so now I have my almost mature female and the new one.

Last edited:

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My new T, can anyone tell me what she is? It was just labeled as "pink toe"
Like I've said in the other thread, looks more like a Avicularia sp. Peru purple.
uploadfromtaptalk1393742678793.jpg

Maybe someone else could give more input, maybe compare a bit. As for care, in general I care for all my avics the same. I use the basics from 2.5cm and up, light misting on the opposites side of where the T is but once every two days. A water dish with pebbles, so no matter what the size it can't drown. I keep my substrate semi dry to dry, and make sure of good ventilation. Temperature wise, between 23-28 degrees Celsius and humidity between 75-82. Not saying it's law, its what works for me.

AngelOtter

3 Year Member
She ate today, I accidentally put two in her enclosure, she grabbed one, put it down, then grabbed the other and ate it while standing over the first one. (She did eat the second one as well) Guess she was hungry xD

Attachments

• IMG_5156.jpg
    IMG_5156.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_5159.jpg
    IMG_5159.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_5160.jpg
    IMG_5160.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_5161.jpg
    IMG_5161.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 33

Spidro

3 Year Member
Will post some pics of my A.A. later. But since we're discussing them. Anyone else had problems with their avics shooting explosive diarrhea out the top of their tank and over ur coffee table? Lol, freaking bugger.

Spidro

3 Year Member
Haha,that's a defense mechanism their poop cannon.
I just couldnt believe she had the nerve to make a mess when I wasnt even there :p

As for the transfered a.a. mine took about 2-3 weeks after moving her before she ate again. Normally they judt like to settle in and get comfortable. Make sure theres always water. My trick for feeding when they dont seem to want anything is try a cricket for 8 hours in the tank if not eaten remove. Then try again in about 2-3 days. Doesnt sound like uve got anything to worry about. :)

AngelOtter

3 Year Member
Mine ate pretty quickly, the guy at the store said she ate the day before I got her, and she ate two days after that. As long as the abdomen looks good I wouldn't worry, sometimes the move just stresses them out.

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have to agree with both of them, if the abdomen is plump and its still mobile no worries. Like mine has been refusing now, she's become slow moving and so on. What's nice is, due to the fact she's still a small sling I can see her legs darkening ready for a molt. So again, don't worry might be an upcoming molt or just adjusting to the new enclosure.

Latest posts