• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cleaned House

CourtneyG

3 Year Member
Changed my P. metallica enclosure out the other day. She has this nice hollow log to hide in,so when I did the change out I took her out of it in her log. Come time to place the log back in the enclosure so I have to get her out to safely place it without me getting bit, her escaping, or accidently squashed. So I used my feeder tongs to herd her out. You would not think they can grab smooth metal and pull on it as hard as what she did, but darn can she tug on them. She also tried bitting them as much as what she could, glad she dod not run out and come for me. Here is grumpy after her change out, wish I had a video of her attacking the tongs.

0090a2e7491c56b87ea8dc4c6dd8ae16.jpg

8c243767698a628eedcd2096bd8c5899.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Evanthomas

3 Year Member
Beautiful T! I've never had one grab the tongs from me or run up them, but if they ever did I hope I have the camera ready! haha