• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

chilean rose still not looking good

Sabeth

3 Year Member
What you have set up looks fine. The one bare necessity as far as furnishings go is the water dish, although a place to hide is often appreciated.

I'm turning in for the night, I will check back tomorrow. :)

Sabeth

3 Year Member
I edited my post right before you replied, see above. ;)

I'll be looking for your update.

mercifulfate3

3 Year Member
hi everyone, sorry i didnt get back any sooner, not been near a laptop things not changed, he is still in the ICU but hasnt moved at all. but still no smell coming from him. what you guys think?

mercifulfate3

3 Year Member
ok so touched his back legs and nothing, i shall leave him in there till tomorrow so i dont annoy him when we change his paper towels. and see what happens then. if anyone else has any suggestions they are really appreciated :)

Sabeth

3 Year Member
Just keep trying with the ICU and if he hasn't improved by his third round or so, move him to his cage for a day to dry, this will prevent fungal problems. Good luck and keep us posted. :)

novakdesigns

3 Year Member
I'm concerned he's not reacting, anyone else have any thoughts?

Back in 2008 I thought one of my rosies had died. Had her in icu. Then took her out. Touched her and picked her up and she didnt move. Couldnt bare to bury her so left her in tank for three days more then my boyf said it was time to bury her, i took her out, put her in little wooden box then i let out a sigh and she moved, so i touched her bum and no movement so blew on her and she moved her legs. Put her face over water bowl and put her back in tank next to water and put heat bulb over tank and she came around the day after, so i wouldnt give up hope yet, honestly thought mine had already been dead for a few days so try blowing on her like i did coz touching mine didnt get any reaction from her

Neoza

3 Year Member
so a wee update to my previous thread.

i posted how my chilean rose isnt looking great

http://www.tarantulaforum.com/threa...needs-advice-on-chilean-rose.3485/#post-28238

a kind member suggested he/she was molting by the sounds of it. would love more advise if possible. thats 2 days now that he/she has been in this position its not turning over just like its curled up in a ball kinda thing. the only movement made was once and it was a small movement of the legs and thats it.

the humidity of the tank is 65%-70%
and the temp is in the green. im worried i disturb it from its molt but at the same time im worried its stuck in a molt, or dying,

ill attach some more photos thanks in advance

please

anyone suggest a solution or what i can possibly do?View attachment 5960 View attachment 5961 View attachment 5962 View attachment 5963 View attachment 5964 View attachment 5965
Its dead or dying :( sorry my condolince. But keep trying!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts