• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Chat thread..

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ahh...feeding day.

Normally, it is one of my more relaxing times as I watch my babies and adults eat and I check everyone's enclosures and general health. Today, I did get a bit of a rush though. Most of you know I do not handle my T's as they get no benefit from it. Today when feeding one of the G. pulchra slings, I was holding the portion cup it was in in my left hand, sans the top. I was adding water and a, what I thought was, pre killed baby cricket. As the sling went for the cricket, it tried to jump, spooked the sling, and out onto my hand it went. Normally, this would be no big deal as I'd just coax the wee one back into it's container.

Oh, not today. Today I felt it tense just before I nudged it and it went into a full on threat display. Now, keep in mind, this little one is about an inch long, but still, my heart was racing. I seriously thought I was about to get my first bite. Each time I tried to move my hand closer to the portion cup (that some how managed to end up safely on the bed) he lunged, then retreated farther across my hand.

I finally got her into the cup safely, but man, I was nervous!

Latest posts