• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Charlie's first moult

Big Saturday

3 Year Member
Since we've been living together, anyway haha! Went to feed a cricket and ran into this:

IMG_0724.jpg

Guess I'll hold off for a few days. Pretty cool, though!

Big Saturday

3 Year Member
Here's to that! No, been on the back for about 45 minutes now. First found him/her like so, legs curled over in a protective fashion:

IMG_0704.jpg

Is it possible to sex at this point?

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yeah, absolutely. Open up that exuvium and you should be able to sex it no problem.
Plessey, posted a great thread a day or two ago, on sexing Ts from exuviums.

Atx13

3 Year Member
One of my favorite things about the hobby, a freshly molted Tarantula. Cant wait to see some pics of his fresh colors.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
http://tarantulaforum.com/threads/how-to-sex-your-tarantula.281/

Nice, I'm thinking I better wait until Charlie is up and around before pulling the exuvium away? Hasn't been a lot of action other than the occasional leg flexing. I'm not worried to much, just am wondering if this is normal. Flipping through the Tarantula Keeper's Guide and I'm not finding much as far as what happens before a post-molt uprights itself.

I've see n a T flip back over in minutes, and I've seen a T not flip over for a day and a half. Both perfectly healthy. Just a waiting game.

Big Saturday

3 Year Member
One of my favorite things about the hobby, a freshly molted Tarantula. Cant wait to see some pics of his fresh colors.

I'll get some ASAP!

I've see n a T flip back over in minutes, and I've seen a T not flip over for a day and a half. Both perfectly healthy. Just a waiting game.

Charlie is now up and trying to escape the container already, so no worries there. I have been squinting at the exuvium a lot and yup, like Plessey stated, some magnification would be nice haha!

Pretty awesome, funny how there's this sense of honor and patronage after a successful molt. I hope it happens every time :cool:

IMG_0730.jpg

Latest posts