• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Came home to this..

ChazJ

3 Year Member
I work the midnight shift, so I know that Gohma is active when I'm not home..b ut I came home & seen the picture below.
I know it happens, but I'm not sure if I should leave it as is or level it out. Please help! Much appreciated! ^_^

Burrow?.jpg

Tgirl1010

3 Year Member
Just looks like she has been moving substrate around. Unless I'm missing something? I have a couple kritter keepers that have almost no substrate on one side and substrate all the way to the lid on the other side. They have made huge hills. Just doing what they do, no reason to worry.

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Perfectly normal. Leave it be and let her design her home the way she wants it. They are fantastic landscapers.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My 3inch-ish male L. vio has some pretty wicked burrows and tunnels going atm. When feeding today I droped in a live med cricket and it promptly disappeared into the "volcano." I haven't seen either of them....

God of Fun

3 Year Member
I wouldn't worry about it now, but when a T gets bigger they can pile up the substrate all the way up to the lid and then use the leverage of their bodies to pop open the container. Just something to think about!

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Our Rosie loves to excavate the substrate in her enclosure on the side she never uses lol. She also likes to dig out/around her water dish. I love walking in to the room and seeing her handy work.

Latest posts