• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

C. Fasciatum...

Atx13

3 Year Member
Anybody kept this species, and noticed anything weird about their behavior?
Mine moulted over a week ago, has eaten once... destroyed her little web hide. and has sat still in the same place for 4 days.. wont eat anymore, hasn't webbed. I'm not really worried about it, just curious if this is normal for this species?
She had been one of my most active slings, and now nothing.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
In my experience, they're a very reclusive species. I've had one just sit at her burrow mouth and not move for weeks.Doesn't sond like anything to worry about, She's just doing her thing.

Atx13

3 Year Member
Thats pretty much all mine has done since destroying her web, just sat still, like shes plotting something.

Atx13

3 Year Member
Well I added a fake plant leaf to her vial she climbed on top of it, she wouldn't take the cricket i offered her, so i took it out and fed it to my G. Pulchripes, tried a meal worm with her and she grabbed it up, almost as soon as it landed near her.. Maybe she doesnt like crickets, lol..

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thats pretty much all mine has done since destroying her web, just sat still, like shes plotting something.
LOL she was plotting what she could do to get you to change up her menu to something other than icky crix!

Atx13

3 Year Member
Maybe so, lol. She seemed to like them when i finally got crickets small enough for her and my G> Pulchripes, maybe she does prefer meal worms :p. My obt is taking medium/large crickets :eek:, and my B. vagans will literally eat what ever comes close to her burrow.

Latest posts