• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

C. Fasciatum does not want to mate!

Andrevdw

3 Year Member
I have a MM C. Fasciatum. I think he matured about 2 weeks ago. As far I know he has made a sperm web. He doesnt want to eat(yet). I introduced him to the females enclosure and he doesnt attempt to mate at all. If she comes closer he just runs away as if she is already eating him. Otherwise he does not move or he walks around randomly till he comes to close to her and runs away again. Any ideas?

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
sometimes it takes hours for them to hook up.
I would put him in a new enclosure (by himself) and just wait until you see a SW. Tiger-Rumps are a bit skittish, so you may just have to co-hab them for a weekend and hope he makes it. Feed her as much as she'll eat a couple days-2 weeks prior.

Andrevdw

3 Year Member
thanks... Would he make a new/second sperm web without mating? Because I think he already made one.... There where I put him in now is new(look at the media>breeding and look for C. Fasciatum) so that I can see for any new sperm webs after I mated him because his previous enclosure was so full of webs it was hard to tell if he did make a sperm web. Usually how long after maturing do they make a sperm web and become ready to mate?

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
every male is different, but they continually make sperm web to load up until they start to die.
Just put him in a clean enclosure, and wait until you see a thick webbing matt.

Angelo AJ

3 Year Member
Same as mine too..Got a MM and I try breeding to my female and after a moment it just randomly walks away..and I'm pretty sure that he made a sperm web twice...

Latest posts