• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

C. Cyaneopubescens Enclosure

Greenbottle Blue Enclosure, which type?

• Total voters

jnelson871

3 Year Member
A lot of what I have been reading mentions people sometimes keep C. Cyaneopubescens in an arboreal style enclosure. What do you recommend as an enclosure for this kind of spider? Right now mine is only 3/4" spiderling and is in one of Jamie's Tarantula's spiderling enclosures but I am planning ahead for when it needs to move to a new enclosure which seems like it will be soon based on its leg span. Should I stick with a terrestrial enclosure or plan on an arboreal one? My T is a real climber and webbed up its enclosure the first night.

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Terrestrial with branches and other furnishings to climb and anchor webbing to. They do not climb in the sense that arboreals do, but will climb more frequently than other terrestrials. Mine has plenty of opportunity to nest off the ground, and they choose to nest on the ground. Though they frequently climb and web high up in their enclosure.

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
IMG_0040.JPG

This is right after I built it. She has since covered it in silk. The thickest silk only goes up about 4", though there is silk from top to bottom. She wanders all over, but only nests on the ground, my other GBB does the same.

Atx13

3 Year Member
Love the GBB web displays, might get one for that reason alone. Always seem to pass em up when I have a chance to snag one :(

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I like yours kenny. i want to set my second girl in something like that. I have a couple pieces of mopani wood that I did not use in my T stirmi vivarium. I think I can cut them for it.

Latest posts