• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Buying from new breeder

Samantha895

3 Year Member
i just ordered some slings from Net-Bug last night. I have emailed them but haven't had a response. I am just wondering if anyone has any advice on if I should be worried or not. I may be jumping the gun a bit but am nervous of not getting a response when the money has been taken out of my bank already...

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
They're a reputable dealer from what I've heard, I've been window shopping there for awhile. I deal with different companies and some dont always reply right away. Just read the terms of service for when to expect your package and keep checking your email for your tracking info. If you don't get any notification a day or so before the expected delivery date then take action.

Last edited:

Samantha895

3 Year Member
Thank you for your quick reply. Excitement can make a person crazy at times She only ships Monday thru Wednesday so I should expect some sort of reply by Monday or do you think that's too short of time? I have done research on the company which all was positive so I took the plunge and am SO excited for the new babies

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
Thank you for your quick reply. Excitement can make a person crazy at times She only ships Monday thru Wednesday so I should expect some sort of reply by Monday or do you think that's too short of time? I have done research on the company which all was positive so I took the plunge and am SO excited for the new babies
Your welcome, totally understand, I thought the same thing the first time I ordered online. If you ordered today it should ship out monday afternoon expect a email by then. Always exciting unboxing a new T, what all are you getting?

Samantha895

3 Year Member
Right now I have a 16 yr old female Chilean rose hair, sling Chaco golden knee and a juvenile columbian giant red leg. I ordered 5 more beauty's! A salmon pink birdeater, fringed ornamental, Brazilian black and white, Honduran curly hair and a Chilean red flame. I have always wanted to get deeper into this hobby and I guess I just decided it was time. I do a lot of research on the types I would like to have which turns out to be a lot! Lol it is an addicting subject for me and if I could get paid to just sit there and watch (even the cutest little sling) I would love to do that lol I have ordered from Jamie's Tarantulas and had an awesome experience. But she just didn't have what I was looking for in the price range I wanted. But I will definitely buy from her again

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
The picture I have up is of my Mexican red rump who recently passed away for reasons unknown. I only had her a year but she was my baby. (Not sure if it was a female as she was so tiny) but I loved her.
Sorry to hear that. Sounds like your getting some pretty good additions, definitely a addictive hobby I went from 5 to 20 in a matter of months :D and know what you mean I could stay home all day everyday watching the lil buggers if I could lol

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Net bug has a very good rep, though they are one of the few I haven't purchased from, I wouldn't hesitate to do so. Never heard a bad word about them. The Brazilian black and white..is that Nhandu coloratovillosus? I'm not familiar with common names.

Samantha895

3 Year Member
Net bug has a very good rep, though they are one of the few I haven't purchased from, I wouldn't hesitate to do so. Never heard a bad word about them. The Brazilian black and white..is that Nhandu coloratovillosus? I'm not familiar with common names.
Turns out I did jump the gun a bit lol I did get a response and yes it is the Nhandu coloratovillosus. I just have a hard time remembering their names ;)

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
Yep you made a good choice. My first online purchase was a versicolor from Net Bug and they took good care of me.

I concur with the picture sharing!

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Anastasia is awesome! I've ordered from Net-bug many times. Never had a bad experience, good to see you jumped the gun :) and it wasn't a bad experience.

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
Good to know, I've been eyeing a L.klugi on there for awhile, waiting to see if she'll have a female available soon, wanna get another lasiodora species and compare the growth rate to my parahybana. I did good at first with keeping track of her growth but lost her log sheet after her 4th or 5th instar so lost track after that.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Good to know, I've been eyeing a L.klugi on there for awhile, waiting to see if she'll have a female available soon, wanna get another lasiodora species and compare the growth rate to my parahybana. I did good at first with keeping track of her growth but lost her log sheet after her 4th or 5th instar so lost track after that.
LP and L. itabunae grow the same from what i've seen with mine.

Latest posts