• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brachypelma smithi

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
There's really no way anyone can answer that for you. Gender, temperature, feeding frequency/amount, these are all things that can influence growth.

Wg25

3 Year Member
I hear that they're very slow growers. However, I want to add one to my collection.
They do grow very slow but IMO it's totally worth the wait. Seeing them grow bigger and more beautiful by each molt is so awesome. I'm always going mad waiting for my B.Smith to molt....but when she does those gorgeous orange knees and with the solid black is just beautiful
IMG-20151116-WA0034.jpg

N8tive556

3 Year Member
I really need one of these..I feel like an ass every time I see a smithi, because I don't have one yet :( Or a klassi, or an emilia:( Woe is me..
I know this feeling too... There were some good sized ones at the show, unfortunately the only ones I could afford were about the size of a pencil eraser... :/

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
MIne was 2 years old when i got her...she was about and inch or a little over then...she is about 2 inches now and she is 3. Just to give ya a little bit of an idea.

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I bought a .5" sling about 18 months ago. she is just shy of .75" now. My female was about 3.5" when I purchased her two years ago. She's about 4.5 or so now. I joke that I'm going to have to leave these guys to my grand-kids. :)

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thats funny @Tomoran . but u might infact get to leave them to someone. ull be like 70 something when they die if they live as long as they can sometimes.

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thats funny @Tomoran . but u might infact get to leave them to someone. ull be like 70 something when they die if they live as long as they can sometimes.

Ha! I have a B. auratum that I acquired about a 18 months ago as well. It started off at 1/3" of an inch. After two molts, she's about...1/3". :) Seriously, she's grown a little, but she's still tiny. Some of these guys are like legacy pets!

Latest posts