• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brachypelma auratum

Oprea VladFlorin

3 Year Member
Just got my first tarantula, a brachyapelma auratum. I made a terarium for her (hope she will be a girl) and put her in. The first thing she did was to climb as up as she could and shes stays there for more than 30 min. Is this normal or do i have to worry and try take her down? I really dont know what to do tbh and i dont want to harm her

Attachments

• IMG_0102.jpg
    IMG_0102.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0103.jpg
    IMG_0103.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0104.jpg
    IMG_0104.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1098.jpg
    IMG_1098.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1099.jpg
    IMG_1099.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 20

jetfire

3 Year Member
I've noticed that my redleg stays up on the wall whenever she isn't totally happy with the humidity levels in the enclosure. If the substrate is too moist, she wants nothing to do with it. Once the enclosure dries out a bit, she comes right on down, and it's business as usual for her.
Just give it a couple days, it should get comfortable in the new surroundings. Go ahead and put the plants and such back in, it'll come down when it's ready.

Oprea VladFlorin

3 Year Member
i have no ideea what umidity my girlhas to have in there. Ijust made the coconut substrate as it said and put it in. When it dryes out i will be more carefoul with humidity. She is down now but she is not moving, shejust stays in one place. I hope she is fine hihi

jetfire

3 Year Member
Most Brachypelma like the substrate damn near totally dry. Make sure it's got plenty of hiding spots, just in case it decides not to tunnel (my redleg likes her cork bark hide, she's never even tried tunneling). But every spider is different, so feel free to experiment until you find what works for yours.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
She looks good! Just give her some time to get used to her new surroundings. Congratulations on the new addition to the family!

Samuraisid

3 Year Member
How much vertical room does she have? Terrestrial T's arent the best climbers and can suffer a ruptured opisthosoma (bum/abdomen) if they fall too far. I aim to give my T's 1.5x their leg span in height.

I also advice against moistening the substrate. Your T looks to be mature, and will suffice with dry substrate and a waterdish.

Congrats on the hew T.