• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brachypelma albopilosum

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thank you @Paul Bowen for the curly hair.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Eavlynn

3 Year Member
Congratulations on your little albo! That little guy or gal is the same size as my little albo :) I look forward to watching yours grow up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Congratulations on your little albo! That little guy or gal is the same size as my little albo :) I look forward to watching yours grow up.

Thank you! My first one and my 3rd Brachypelma species :). Do you have a photo of yours on here? Me too. Its already super active pushing around substrate,

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My first albo was a freebie, I'd never have chosen to buy one but I quickly fell in love and now have 3 plus a Nicaraguan. They are such adorable little busy bodies :)

Eavlynn

3 Year Member
Thank you! My first one and my 3rd Brachypelma species :). Do you have a photo of yours on here? Me too. Its already super active pushing around substrate,
He's my second brachy :) (I default to he so I can be pleasantly surprised if they wind up being female haha). I made a thread for him in the brachy section a little while back. It states that I got him from Petco, I know, that's a terrible thing to do. But they'd killed off all of the other slings, and this half drowned little guy sat in that giant container, surrounded by cricket corpses, the last of his kind, begging to be saved. He has one heck of a burrow made up now, has molted twice, and eats like none other. One tough little T right there.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My first albo was a freebie, I'd never have chosen to buy one but I quickly fell in love and now have 3 plus a Nicaraguan. They are such adorable little busy bodies :)
I dont know how I was even lucky to scoop it up. I usually have no luck with these sort of things. Im very happy it worked out for me this time.:)

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
He's my second brachy :) (I default to he so I can be pleasantly surprised if they wind up being female haha). I made a thread for him in the brachy section a little while back. It states that I got him from Petco, I know, that's a terrible thing to do. But they'd killed off all of the other slings, and this half drowned little guy sat in that giant container, surrounded by cricket corpses, the last of his kind, begging to be saved. He has one heck of a burrow made up now, has molted twice, and eats like none other. One tough little T right there.

Its good to get animals out of petco if you can. I feel bad for them at those places. Nothing is ever really kept proper. I never see slings there tho. Just the occasional juvie/adult T. The last T i saw there was a colbolt blue most likely a WC poor thing only had about a inch or two of substrate. Tho at the time I didnt have clue about Ts other then it was a old world. I'm happy to hear that your sling is thriving and doing well.:):T:

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I dont know how I was even lucky to scoop it up. I usually have no luck with these sort of things. Im very happy it worked out for me this time.:)

Well, you did it this time. Now sit back and enjoy its antics.

Eavlynn

3 Year Member
Its good to get animals out of petco if you can. I feel bad for them at those places. Nothing is ever really kept proper. I never see slings there tho. Just the occasional juvie/adult T. The last T i saw there was a colbolt blue most likely a WC poor thing only had about a inch or two of substrate. Tho at the time I didnt have clue about Ts other then it was a old world. I'm happy to hear that your sling is thriving and doing well.:):T:
They launched a new program a little while back to start carrying more tarantulas. Unfortunately, they take even less care of the Ts than they do their reptiles. I wouldn't usually support petco by purchasing an animal, but I'm glad I got this little T. He's quite a character, even as a wee sling :)

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They launched a new program a little while back to start carrying more tarantulas. Unfortunately, they take even less care of the Ts than they do their reptiles. I wouldn't usually support petco by purchasing an animal, but I'm glad I got this little T. He's quite a character, even as a wee sling :)

I noticed its more of the midwest petcos that get the Ts. was it one of the tarantula huts? Its like on a sponge with a fake plant? Or something like that? Those are the ones ive been seeing popping up.

Eavlynn

3 Year Member
I noticed its more of the midwest petcos that get the Ts. was it one of the tarantula huts? Its like on a sponge with a fake plant? Or something like that? Those are the ones ive been seeing popping up.
Yep, that's it. This little guy was in a "tarantula hut". More like a tarantula casket. We have them on the east coast where I am, I assumed they were in stores nation wide.

Latest posts