• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brachypelma albopilosum & B. emilia

Bibilibop

3 Year Member
Hello!

Since I'm a huge fan of my own tarantula, let me present her/him ( Still haven't look)

Here is my B. albopilosum. I bought her in spring 2013. I chose her because she was really fast when hunting.
She is not aggresive at all, never did any signs of aggresivity, never throw her hair.
I must admit she was always my favorite. I love her long hair, how docile she is, she never hide, she eats so much! She is perfect!
Because my mom has a daycare at home, I called her Rapunzel, for her long hair. Also, it helps the kids liking her a little more, even if they never saw her out of her cage.

Here are the most recent pictures I have:

This one is for size comparaison with my hand (19 years old girl)

She/he shed two time since I have it. Right after I bought her, and last week. She got bigger :3

And even if he just died, I'm going to show you my Emilia.
I never handled him, he was nervous, always sendind me warning about throwing hair on me...But he was my first tarantula ever! I bought this specie because my best friend's name is Emilia (I'm not sure it was a good reason lol )

I don't have that many and they are not that fancy, but I really like them. I'm thinking of getting other brachypelma in the future, maybe a B. albiceps!

Tongue Flicker

3 Year Member
Your B.albopilosum looks male to me. It is leggy (longer legs than usual in proportion to the whole body), has curlier setae (body hair) and has a reddish tinge on the carapace as opposed to the light brown/bronze carapace of females

Bibilibop

3 Year Member
It's possible, like I said, I never tried to find out.
I guess I was saying "her" all the time because I was wishing for a female :p